Heel spurs are an abnormal physical growth on the heel bone. They are caused because of the calcium deposits on heels. This is either caused due to continuous stress on heels or over weight/ obesity. People suffering from diabetes may also suffer from Heel Spurs. These spurs are unbearably painful, especially when you step a foot after a long period of rest. Eating a diet that will help absorbing calcium deposits can be a way to reduce the pain.
Below Are Few Easy Ways To Reduce Pain Caused By Heel Spurs:
1. Epsom Salt
Epsom Salt is also known as Magnesium sulfate. Our bones are the major storage system for Magnesium, which is essential for vital functions of our body like, Protein synthesis; production of antioxidant and functioning of nerves.
Epsom salt is known for reducing inflammation and pain, if used a cup of it while having bath. It has this magical ability to relax your body. Even massaging with it is equally beneficial as it will help release the stress on heels by relaxing it.
A Quick And Easy Recipe About Using Epsom Salt:
• Take a bowl of warm water, big enough to immerse your feet/ heel.
• Take 2 or 3 spoons of Epsom salt and stir it well in warm water.
• Soak your feet for 10 to 15 mins.
• Dry your feet well and apply moisturizer.
For best and consistent result, repeat this every night before going to sleep.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a multipurpose liquid. This is also beneficial to lose weight, good for a diabetic patient, etc. Similarly, this has a very positive effect on reducing the stabbing pain caused by heel spurs. This liquid is identified for pulling out any excess calcium deposit found in the body. A few drops of this vinegar in warm water can help in reducing your pain. Other option that you have is, you can soak a small piece of thick towel in this vinegar and put it in your shoes. Just pay attention, that the piece remains wet throughout the day.
You May Also Consume Apple Cider Vinegar With This Simple Recipe:
• Take a glass of warm water.
• Add a table spoon of unfiltered apple cider vinegar and honey.
• Stir it well and drink it twice a day for one or two weeks.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda which is readily available in our kitchens, is one of the interesting ingredients, that is very generous and helpful in improving our physical condition. This ingredient reacts with excess calcium deposits. Thus, it is helpful for heel spurs. You can use it either by making its paste and applying it on the affected area, or you may consume it.
Here Is The Easy Recipe To Make The Baking Soda Paste:
• Take baking soda, molasses and apple cider vinegar.
• Take a bowl and add the above ingredients.
• Mix it till the paste is formed.
• Apply this paste on heel and area around it.
• Let the pack dry for 15 mins.
• Wash it off with warm water.
4. Ice Pack
Ice has the ability to reduce swelling and pain from the affected area. This also helps muscles to relax after a hectic day. In addition, it reduces the risk of any infection associated with spurs.
Easy Tip To Make Ice Pack At Home:
• Take a bottle.
• Fill it with water and put it in freezer.
• Once the water freezes roll the bottle on affected area for ten minutes.
Note: Do not apply ice directly on the affected area, if you don’t have bottle wrap ice in a towel.
5. Coconut Oil
This multipurpose oil is another magic ingredient found in our homes. The oil has excellent ability to moisturize. This helps in keeping bones healthy.
The Method Of Using Coconut Oil :
• Take a small amount of coconut oil in a bowl.
• Warm the oil.
• Massage it gently over the affected area, before going to bed.
Tip: You may consume a table spoon of extra-virgin coconut oil every morning.
6. Flax-Seed Oil
Flax seeds are rich in omega 3 nutrient. Omega 3 is very useful in reducing ache and soreness, and in addition to this it is also reduces painfulness caused by heel spurs in morning.
The Method Of Using Flax-Seed Oil:
• Take a pan and pour flax-seed oil into it.
• Let the oil get warm.
• Soak a piece of cheesecloth into the warm oil.
• Cover the affected area with the cloth and wrap it with plastic.
• Take a heating pad and put it over plastic.
Tip: Avoid movements and practice the procedure till you feel better.
Caution: Please use Home Remedies after Proper Research and Guidance. You accept that you are following any advice at your own risk and will properly research or consult healthcare professional.