Allergic Rhinitis is a common health problem which affects around 20 to 30 percent of the population. It is an allergy which is caused when the immune system reacts to the inhaled substances, and the body releases those substances because they cause allergy symptoms. The common allergens which cause this allergy are either the dust particles or tree and grass pollens.
There Are Two Kinds Of Allergic Rhinitis
• Seasonal Rhinitis
• Perennial Rhinitis
Allergic Rhinitis causes running and itchy nose, sneezing, watery and swollen eyes, nasal congestion, headache, fatigue, etc.
There are many medications available in the market for Allergic Rhinitis. But all the medications have side effects and are harmful to the internal organs in the long run. Here are the 7 Home Remedies which will not only cure the Allergic Rhinitis but also will save you from the side effects of other medications.
Ginger is believed to be a natural antihistamine and has antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties which not only cures the Allergic Rhinitis but also relieves you from the nasal congestion, headache and cough.
• Take some grated ginger, some pieces of cinnamon and cloves and boil it in water.
• Boil for five minutes and then strain it. Add a teaspoon of honey to add flavour to your drink.
• Drink this herbal tea at least three times a day to get better results.
Turmeric is well known for its antiseptic properties since the ancient times, and it helps in reducing the allergies. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidant agents with immune boosting properties.
• Prepare a mixture of 6 tablespoons of turmeric and honey and keep it in an air-tight container.
• Have one tablespoon of this mixture twice a day during the allergy season.
3. Green Tea
Green tea not only builds up the immune system but also blocks the production of histamine.
• Drink 4-6 cups of green tea every day.
• Add honey to it instead of sugar for better results.
4. Peppermint Tea
Peppermint Tea relieves nasal and sinus congestion and also helps in reducing the headache.
Drink peppermint tea at least thrice a day.
For better results, drink the peppermint tea cold.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar has properties which boost up the immune system and reduces the nasal allergies.
Take one tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar. Mix it with a glass of warm water.
• You can also mix honey and lemon juice to this mixture for better results.
• Drink this daily at least thrice a day.
6. Saline water
The saline water helps in clearing out the mucus and thus relieving you from the nasal congestion and itchy nose.
Mix some baking soda with water and pour the solution in a dropper. Now take the dropper and pour some drops in your nose. It will melt away all the mucus and then blow your nose thoroughly to get rid of it.
Steam has been proven to be the best home remedy to cure the nasal allergies and congestions since the ancient times.
• Pour some hot water in a bowl and cover your head with a towel. Now breathe in and out for at least 10 minutes. Then blow your nose thoroughly.
Caution: Please use Home Remedies after Proper Research and Guidance. You accept that you are following any advice at your own risk and will properly research or consult healthcare professional.