It is best to anyone to have a good immune system. The immune system needs a combination of nutrients to be able to protect us. Here are 5 foods which you should feed your immune system.
1) Carrots, mangoes, papaya, oranges, melons, and green leafy vegetables: Feed your immune system these rich sources of beta-carotene. Beta-carotene helps to strengthen defenses against bacterial and viral infections. Anyone consuming more of beta-carotene can increase the number of protective immunity cells.
2) Mushrooms: It is surely interesting to know that the mushroom gravy made from button mushroom used over steaks helps to give a healthy boost to anyone’s immunity system. It feeds those natural killer cells and improves the immunity of a person’s body.
3) Pomegranates,blackberries, blueberries and acai berries: Pomegranates, blackberries, blueberries and acai berries feed the body immunity boosting antioxidants. These antioxidants help to protect and repair cells which were damaged by free radicals and help protect the body against infections. the berries are best taken raw, in the form of a fresh fruit or juice. Cooking could destroy their nutrients.
4) Green Tea: Green tea also feeds your immunity systems with a rich source of the antioxidant known as catechin. Catechin helps in the promotion of the number of immune cells and helps to slow down and protect spread of flu virus. L-Theanine another healthy component of green tea helps to further improve the immunity response.
5) Yogurt: Feed immunity to the body by taking foods like yogurt that has probiotics, a good bacteria source. Once the probiotic bacteria travels down the digestive tract, and wards off germs entering the mouth. Some of the most ideal yogurt varieties are sauerkraut and voskos.
There are numerous, new and innovative products like Kashi Vive cereal, milk, and some baby formulas. It is best to ensure that one makes sure there is good bacteria in the GI tract to feed the body’s natural immunity system.
Anyone taking these great foods can hope to feed and promote one’s natural body immunity system.