- Natural Cure For Liver Damage With HerbsPosted 3 days ago
- Five Home Remedies For Ear InfectionPosted 4 days ago
- 5 Best Herbal Remedies For ADD In ChildrenPosted 6 days ago
- 6 Home Remedies For HangoversPosted 6 days ago
- Seven Excellent Home Remedies For Dry ScalpPosted 6 days ago
- Eight Excellent Home Remedies For CrampPosted 7 days ago
- Home Remedies For Mouth ThrushPosted 7 days ago
How To Treat Sunburn With Herbal Remedies
Sun Burn Remedies
Here are some remedies, which provide relief from sun burn:
Hydrotherapy includes baths and showers that help in keeping the sun burn cool and hydrated. The temperature of the water should be cool as hot water can strip the natural oils of the skin. Using wet or cool towels on the affected area helps in reducing mild burns. It should be applied for almost 10 to 15 minutes many times a day.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera gel helps to soothe skin and heals wounds. The fresh gel can be more affective on the mild sun burns. It is not effective for severe burns and wounds. Aloe Vera is useful for sun burns and suntan. It should be applied twice or thrice in a day for three weeks. This reduces sun burn.
A popular sun burn remedy is topical white vinegar. First, soak clean towels in a vinegar and water solution. Apply the soaked towel on the affected area. Do not apply near the affected or broken skin. You can also fill a clean spray bottle with water and vinegar and spray it on the burn area.
You should apply sunscreen to your skin whenever you go out or ride a car. The cream should be safe and must have a sun protection factor. Buy sunscreen that protects against UVA and UVB rays.
Non Herbal Black Tea
Non herbal black tea helps in curing from skin burns. First, steep six bags in for cups of hot water. Then cool it and apply it on the burn or the affected area with a cotton cloth.
Oatmeal bath is another skin burn remedy. It not only helps in reducing itchiness but also soothes the burns as well. Oat meal is a fine powder that dissolves easily. You can add it to your sun burn cream.
You should drink enough water and liquids to keep yourself re-hydrated. This indeed helps in recovering your body from inside.
Chamomile, lavender and melaleuca can be considered as good sunburn remedies. Tea tree also helps in preventing from burns. However, a proper care should be maintained while applying these oils. Some of these essential oils can be effective on the skin. It can make the skin more sensitive, which may lead to faster skin burns.
• You should take a bath in cold water to reduce heat. It can relive severe sunburn problems.
• Don’t go out between 10am to 3pm as ultraviolet rays are strong.
• Wear hat, sunglasses and apply sunscreen lotion before you go out.
• Mix vinegar (one teaspoon) and sunflower oil and apply it on the skin.
• Eat high mineral food, which contains potassium and vitamins.
• Rub mustard on the affected area and let it be dry for an hour.