Most people crave for a healthy body but some people specifically want to build their muscles. For this purpose, one needs to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and lift weights. Given below are 5 muscle building foods.
1) Eggs – Eggs are the mostly recommended food for building muscle. They are referred to as the king of protein and as we all know that protein is crucial nutrient for muscle building. Your body is able to break down eggs easily into amino acids, which are considered as the building blocks of muscle.
Eggs are high in BCAA’s, which is essential for the growth of muscles. Whole eggs are packed with healthy fats, lecithin and saturated fats. All these nutrients are vital for building muscle mass. Whole eggs are also loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, folate, riboflavin, Vitamins B6, B12, D and E, and phosphorus, iron and, zinc.
2) Chicken Breast – Chicken is a popular muscle building food. It is regarded as a heart-healthy food due to nearly non-existence of saturated fat, low overall fat, and presence of exceptionally high protein to fat ratio.
3) Salmon – Salmon is packed with high-quality protein and Omega 3 fatty acids and hence aids in muscle building. When you consume a diet rich in Omega 3 fatty acids it helps to convert glucose into your muscle instead of body fat.
These essential fatty acids also decrease the breakdown of muscle-protein after workout and helps in recovery. Omega 3 plays another vital role in muscle building – it reduces inflammation of muscles, encourages muscle repair, and facilitates cortisol control.
4) Yogurt – Whole-milk based or low-fat natural yogurt is a good muscle building food. It contains protein and carbohydrates in an ideal proportion, which aids in muscle growth and exercise recovery.
Yogurt is among the few foods that are full of conjugated linoleic acid, which is believed to reduce body fat. Yogurt is also rich in calcium, which controls contraction of muscles and may thus help your body in storing less fat.
5) Beef – Beef is one of the best non-vegetarian foods for building muscle. Beef is an important source of two nutrients namely iron and zinc, which are crucial for muscle building.
It is the topmost food source of creatine, which provides energy to your body for pumping iron. Beef is also packed with selenium, which is a vital nutrient needed for your health.