We all desire for a sparkling clear complexion and a flawless skin that stays young forever. However, as we age, our skin is the first one to reveal the horrifying tales of ageing! Skin disorders are the biggest challenge to combat with and skin pigmentation is one such disorder that leads to discoloring of the skin, resulting in dark patches and spots.
There are many factors that lead our skin to this condition. Some of the main skin discoloration causes are sun-exposure, genetic factors, drug reactions, ageing, hormonal changes or prolonged illness. There are plenty of ways to treat skin pigmentation.However, apart from medication and cosmetic skin pigmentation treatment, there are some wonderfully natural ways to get rid of pigmentation. Our kitchen is the storehouse for all the natural remedies for pigmentation. Here are a few tips:
1) Apply some mashed Papaya on your face, spread it evenly and leave it on for 20 minutes. The enzyme “Papain” found in papaya is an excellent natural exfoliating agent and gives smooth, clear and spotless skin. Try this thrice a week.
2) Bleach your skin naturally using milk powder and hydrogen peroxide, make a thick paste and apply on the pigmented area for 20 minutes and rinse off.
3) Vitamin E capsules are a wonderful remedy for pigmentation. Break a soft-gel capsule and apply on the affected area every night before going to bed. It helps you get rid of those ugly spots and pigments, resulting in a smooth and clear skin.
4) Another skin lightening agent is raw potato. Grate a potato and apply its juice on the affected area. Rinse off after 20 minutes. Following this routine 2 times a week will help you fight skin discoloration.
5) Tomatoes are an excellent source of Vitamin A and help in giving a natural glow to your skin. Dip a cotton ball in tomato juice and dab it all over the pigmented area. Rinse after 20 minutes and follow this routine on alternate days.
6)Mix cucumber juice and lemon juice in equal proportions and dab on the skin evenly. Let it dry for 20 minutes and rinse with cold water. It’s a good natural cleanser for skin and helps in giving you an evenly toned skin, minus the spots and pigments.
Apart from these remedies, prevent your skin from dryness and sun-exposure. Apply sunscreens while stepping out and moisturize regularly. Keep your skin hydrated. Take a diet rich in calcium, iron and vitamins and take vitamins and antioxidants supplements regularly.