Many people nowadays look for a gym instructor for various reasons, such as to build muscles, to lose or gain weight or simply to stay fit and healthy. There are a large number of gym instructors in the fitness industry and choosing the right one may cause confusion. There are a few basic things that one should keep in mind to find a good gym instructor or a personal fitness trainer. Here are a few tips that you should consider to hire a good gym instructor.
1. Ask your latent trainers to provide you atleast three references so that you can check their ability and credibility. Good trainers generally don’t hesitate in giving references of their clients as they are certain of positive feedbacks from them. If the trainer hesitates to provide the references, then he/she may be new in the fitness industry or afraid of a poor feedback from his clients.
2. See whether your to-be trainer is certified or not. Since the fitness training industry is unregulated in many countries, many of the personal trainers or instructors may not have a proper certification or may not have been trained professionally. Some of the gym instructors don’t even have a training certificate and start giving lessons only on the basis of their own experiences of working out in the gym. That might prove harmful for clients.
3. Your potential trainer should be certified in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation so that he/she can handle any emergency in the gym.
4. Fees of personal trainers should also be taken into consideration. An instructor’s fee is generally determined by his/her qualification and experience. It’s quite obvious that better trainers ask for higher fees, but there are a few exceptions also. The idea has a simple logic that if the trainer is good, he will have a good portfolio of clients despite higher fees. The trainer may not be a good if he/she is asking for a lower fee. So, check before you hire.
5. Lastly, you should feel comfortable while working out with your chosen instructor. You will be trained under this instructor for months or years. As you will be spending much time with your trainer, so, first feel at ease before you start your training sessions.