- How To Do Butt ExercisesPosted 391 days ago
- Fitness Strength Training To Boost Your MetabolismPosted 391 days ago
- Lose 10 Pounds In 30 daysPosted 391 days ago
- How to Lose Stomach Fat In Your 50sPosted 391 days ago
- Losing Belly Fat After PregnancyPosted 392 days ago
- Home Exercises For The StomachPosted 392 days ago
- Pregnancy Diet For A Healthy BabyPosted 392 days ago
Including Herbal Tea in your Diet
Herbal teas are often consumed for their medicinal and health benefits.
Herbal tea can be prepared using fresh or dried flowers, leaves, roots or seeds simply by pouring boiled water over the parts of the plant. It is then strained, sweetened according to the taste and served hot. So you actually consume herbal infusion, also known as Tisane. Tisanes are basically planned and measured mixtures of various botanicals.
There are many companies who sell herbal tea bags for such infusions. For most of us, using ready made tea bags is much easy than to hunt for specific herbs.
Some of the nicknames of herbal teas are: sleeping tea, slimming tea, dieters tea etc depending on the medicinal effect.
Some of the common herbs found in tisanes are:
- Allspice: It soothes common cold and aids upset stomachs.
- Cinnamon: It has a calming effect and supports healthy digestion.
- Fennel: It soothes upper respiratory problems and aids in digestion.
- Ginger: For centuries. Ginger has been used in treating wide range of health problems like cold, nausea and indigestion.
- Ginseng: It stimulates vitality.
-Hibiscus: Helps in reducing high blood pressure and soothes menstrual cramps.
-Parsley: it is known to help in smooth functioning of kidney.
-Peppermint: It helps in relieving stress and helps in freshening breath.
-Sarsaparilla: It promotes healthy skin and general well being.
- Raspberry leaf: It helps in soothing colds, sore throats. It also keeps nails, bones and teeth healthy.
- Chrysanthemum: It reduces body heat resulting from fever. It also protects against lever damage and neutralizes toxins in the body.
There are innumerable varieties of herbal teas available from tea houses.
Herbal tea is one of the best sources of natural anti oxidants. It is very fresh and caffeine free. In addition to the health benefits, herbal tea also tastes great and is a pleasure to drink. Make sure that you are familiar with the composition of your herbal tea before starting a regular tea regimen.
Generally most of the herbal remedies are entirely safe to consume but it is always safe to consult your doctor if you are taking any medications or if you are pregnant.