When you look into the mirror, your wrinkles tell you that you are ageing. You cannot avoid them completely.
But you can try to delay or prevent the onset of wrinkles as long as you can. This is very simple. You just have to make a few changes in your lifestyle to keep wrinkles at bay.
Getting enough sleep is very important for a beautiful and healthy skin. Sleep boosts the process of metabolism and thus helps in proper functioning of body. Eat lots of fresh fruits, nuts as they are full of antioxidants, green vegetables, fresh juices etc. It shows on your skin what you eat. Eat food rich in vitamin E, A, C and K. So avoid food which is not healthy for your skin. And drink lots of water to keep your skin well hydrated.
Stress is the enemy of skin and it contributes to wrinkles. So stay away from tension and relax. Avoid smoking as it can cause lines around your mouth and also makes your skin dull. Sometimes rapid weight loss can also suddenly cause wrinkles as our skin tends to sag and crease when we loose weight rapidly.
There are certain skin care tips that you can follow to ensure a younger looking skin.
– Use a sunscreen on your face, neck and arms to protect your skin from sun damage.
– Use a mild face wash for your face. Avoid using strong soaps. Moisturize your skin everyday as frequent washing robs your skin of natural oils and makes it dry.
– Caffeine is not good for your skin if consumed in excess, so try to reduce its consumption.
– Exfoliate your skin twice a week to speed up the cell turnover process and keeps the skin radiant.
– Stay away from unnecessary anti ageing creams available in the market.
Though it is not always possible, but try to avoid pollutants as they break down collagen in the skin, which causes wrinkles. Following a good skin care routine and a healthy diet will definitely help you in the long run and keep wrinkles and other signs of ageing at bay.