- How To Do Butt ExercisesPosted 421 days ago
- Fitness Strength Training To Boost Your MetabolismPosted 421 days ago
- Lose 10 Pounds In 30 daysPosted 421 days ago
- How to Lose Stomach Fat In Your 50sPosted 421 days ago
- Losing Belly Fat After PregnancyPosted 421 days ago
- Home Exercises For The StomachPosted 421 days ago
- Pregnancy Diet For A Healthy BabyPosted 422 days ago
Tips to Deal with Allergies
Any abnormal or exaggerated reaction to a substance which is harmless can be termed as allergy. You can be allergic to anything like pollens, dust mites, any foods, insect bites, any environmental airborne particles, medicines, plants etc.
Our body has the potential to defend itself through experience. Allergic reactions happen when our body (by mistake) learns to recognize allergens as harmful.
Some allergies can be mild and not very harmful such as a running nose, sneezing etc. But there can be severe allergies like difficulty in breathing or an asthma attack.
Allergies can develop at any age. Your chances of developing allergies are dependent on your parent’s allergy history. Some common forms of allergies are: Allergic rhinitis, asthma, allergic eyes, allergic eczema, hives, allergic shock etc.
Causes of allergy can be divided in to two groups: Host and environmental factors. Host factors include race, gender, and heredity. There has been a great improvement in recent times in medical practices to treat allergies. But the best way to avoid allergies is to stay away from the substances which you are allergic to.
This is called avoidance. You can also visit a doctor who specializes in allergy treatments (allergist). He will perform blood and skin tests on you and may treat you with some medications and allergy shots.
It is very important to remember that only air borne allergies can be treated with medications or shots. If you are allergic to some food item, you must stay away from it completely.
Some other ways to avoid air borne allergies are:
- If you have pets, keep them away from your bedroom.
- Avoid carpets and rugs in your room.
- Try to keep your house, office area neat and clean.
- If you are allergic to pollens, stay away from gardens during peak season and do not mow lawns.
Learn to deal with your allergies once you come to know the cause of it. If you have food allergy, read the labels carefully before buying any food item. If you are taking any medications, make sure that your doctor knows about your allergies. If you are severely allergic to anything, try to wear an emergency card which explains your condition and one emergency telephone number.