The sun kissed tanned look is hot among women these days. The slightly tanned and brown look is considered sexy and beautiful. Though you can sun-bathe on a beach and attain a natural tan, the UV rays of the sun can cause irreversible damage to your skin and can lead to dangerous diseases such as skin cancer.
With the help of make-up and a particular accessory known as bronzer you can easily attain the sun-kissed tanned look. Bronzer is a make-up accessory similar to foundation that is used to highlight various areas of the face to give it a slightly brownish-golden tinge.
However applying a bronzer has its own pitfalls. If applied wrongly, bronzer can mar your make-up and make you look too dark. Also, if the bronzer shade is wrongly chosen your complexion may look orange in color which is completely un-natural.
Hence it is vital to know how to apply a bronzer correctly. This article has simple step-by-step instructions to enable you select and apply bronzer rightly. Follow the steps given here to attain a gorgeous and sexy sun-kissed look.
- The first step is to select the appropriate shade of bronzer that is best suited to your skin tone. Always go in for a shade that is about 2 shades darker than your skin tone. When in doubt it is best to seek the advice of the make-up assistant at the store to help you find the right shade of bronzer best suited for your skin tone. If you are fair then shades of peach or pink bronzers would suit your skin. If you have brownish or olive-tinged complexion, a copper shaded bronzer would be best for you. For those with darker complexion, shades of dark brown or maroon bronzers would be ideal.
- Bronzers are available in powder, cream or gel-based varieties. Cream bronzers are great for dry skin as they will impart a natural sheen to your skin. However, those with oily skin should opt for powder bronzers.
- While applying bronzer it is important to know that you must not apply bronzer all over your face. The bronzer must be applied to highlight those areas where you would get naturally tanned. These include forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. To apply a cream based bronzer, use clean finger-tips, Q-tip or a clean sponge. Apply a little bit of the bronzer to your cheeks, chin, forehead and nose. Remember to apply only little bronzer as we only want to highlight these areas. Blend the bronzer very well with your foundation and concealer. If the bronzer is not blended well with the foundation your make-up may look cakey and highly artificial.
- To apply a powder-based bronzer, use a small brush and dab the loose bronzer onto the brush. Remove the excess powder from the brush before you start applying it. This will enable you to apply the bronzer evenly. Apply the powder bronzer to the apple of your cheeks and then on your nose, chin and forehead. Use small circular motions to apply the powder bronzer and blend well with the foundation.
- After you are done with the bronzer, apply blush and blend it well with the bronzer. This will give you a radiant looking shiny look.