Our facial skin is extremely fragile and hence it is important to take extra care of our facial skin than the other parts of the body. Facial is a very effective way of taking care of the facial skin. But there are some professional facials done by the salons, but they are quite expensive.
One can also apply facial in home also. The basic type of facial generally works on oily, combination or dry skin. It should take around half an hour to complete a full facial in home.
- Before starting the facial, it is important to wash the face, neck and ears with water and later use a good facial cleanser. If there are traces of make up then use a proper make up remover to clean the face. After cleansing the skin, it is the time for exfoliation. Using the fingers of the hand, one has to rub a gentle exfoliating facial scrub. This should be done in a circular motion.
- If the skin is a combination of oily and greasy, than concentrate on the position around the nose and forehead. These areas are generally greasy, so they need more care than the other parts of the skin. After that it is important to rinse the skin also.
- After exfoliation, it is time for steaming. There are several ways to do that. But as per the experts the best option is to dip a washcloth in a pot of warm water and apply the washcloth on the face gently. The process should be repeated twice or thrice. Steam your facial skin for around 5 to 8 minutes. But for the dry skin types the time should be more than that.
- The third and probably the most important part of applying facial is choosing the mask. A mask should be chosen depending on the skin type of the person. For an oily skin, it is essential to use clay based face mask. But for the dry skin type, hydrating gel based or cream based mask is the perfect option. During the application of the mask, the areas around the eye should be carefully avoided. The mask has to be kept for a minimum 20 minutes.
- After that, rinse the mask thoroughly and completely with water. This makes the general end of the facial process. But it is important to use a soothing moisturizer on the skin after the completion of facial. All the parts of the face, along with the neck and the ears should be covered with the moisturizer.
Some people do complain of skin irritation during facial process. It is only because all the skin types are not quite the same and many people have allergies of different kind.
So it is always recommended to consult a dermatologist to determine the type of your skin as well as to find out if there is some thing that is allergenic to your skin. If some cosmetic products are allergenic to your skin than it is preferable to stay away from these products.
Photo Credit: Fshnsite.com/beauty-makeup-tips/base-of-your-makeup-tips/
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]How to Apply Facial,