mascara is a very important make-up accessory in any woman’s kit. It is an important part of the eye make-up that enhances and beautifies your eye-lashes. Mascara makes eyelashes appear longer and more dramatic hence completing the sexy and beautiful look that you are striving for.
Mascara defines the eyelashes and creates a beautiful mystic look for the eyes. Applying mascara rightly is most important if you want to achieve the right look. There are various different types and brands of mascara available in the market.
If you know the right technique of mascara application you can make your eyes look beautiful and sexy. This article outlines step-by-step instructions on how to apply mascara correctly. It gives you valuable tips on various other factors associated with applying mascara so that you are able to enhance your make-up.
- Chose the right type of mascara to suit your preference and budget. There are several types of mascara available namely mascaras for lengthening or thickening eye-lashes. Often mascaras can cause the lashes to clump together. You can prevent this by opting for non-clumping mascara.
- There are also water-proof mascaras available that will prevent smudging. For the day, it is best to use mascara that will lengthen the lashes, while thickening mascaras are best for late evenings and nights as these will add a touch of drama to your eye-make up – ideal for night parties.
- Select an appropriate shade of the mascara that suits your lash color. For women who have blond colored lashes, shades of dark brown will suit best. Women with dark colored eye lashes can opt for brown or black colored mascara. Before you start applying the mascara, apply all other eye-make up such as eye shadow, eyeliner, etc. Begin by curling your eyelashes using an eyelash curler.
- Curling your eyelashes is optional – however this will make your eyes look wider and brighter besides making your eyelashes look sexier and more prominent. Begin applying the mascara by opening it and removing the wand from the mascara tube. Rub the end of the mascara brush on the inside of the tube to remove any excess liquid that would have got transferred onto the applicator brush.
- Look into the mirror and with a steady hand start applying the mascara beginning with the roots of your eyelashes. Move the mascara brush using small strokes to the top of your lashes. Hold the brush parallel to your eye-lid and use slow upward strokes so that your lashes do not stick together. As soon as finish applying mascara on your lashes, use a lash comb to separate the wet lashes. This will give your make-up a professional look and will enhance your lashes.
- Now begin applying mascara on the lower lashes by holding the mascara brush vertically and gently run it on your lower lashes. Ensure you do not apply too much mascara on your lower lashes as lower lashes are generally short and few and hence do not require too much mascara. Once done, remove any smudge or stray marks around the eye with the help of a damp cotton swab.