How To Bake Cupcakes
What more, you can frost your cupcake based on many variations and flavor. Follow our simple steps to bake the perfect batch of cup cakes at home:
- Ingredients – Flour (3 cups), powdered sugar (2 cups), eggs (2), milk ( 1 cup), one teaspoon vanilla, butter (3 tablespoons) and three teaspoons of baking powder. If you want to make a chocolate cup cake then get one cup of natural cocoa powder. You may also need food colorings and icing.
- Equipments needed – cupcake pan, liners for the cupcake pan, muffin tins and mixer. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- For the cake mix – In a bowl thoroughly mix butter and sugar. In another bigger container mix the flour and baking powder. Add the butter-sugar mix and vanilla to this and slowly add milk. Beat this mixture thoroughly for a minute. You can also add the cocoa powder now.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs for three to four minutes. Pour this into the cake batter and beat the mixture for another three minutes.
- Take the cupcake pan and place the liners or simply grease muffin tins. Pour the cake batter into the cupcake liner. Do not fill till the very top as then the cupcake will overflow during the baking process.
- Bake the cupcakes for 22 minutes (or anywhere between 21 to 26 minutes) in the oven. For mini cupcakes bake for ten minutes only. Check using a toothpick whether they are done or not. The toothpick should be as clean as before.
Meanwhile it is time for the decoration work. When the cupcake reaches normal room temperature carefully dip and twist the top portion into the frosting. Use a knife to even the frost layer.
- Further dip the frosted cupcakes into a bowl of nuts and other colored edible decors.
Tips and Warnings
- When making a lot of cupcakes store the remaining cake batter in the refrigerator and use when needed.
- Unfrosted cupcakes should be covered loosely (instead of tightly) to avoid getting damp.
- You can freeze unfrosted cupcakes for 2-3 months by wrapping them in plastic.