- How To Make A Fruit CakePosted 464 days ago
- How To Dress NauticalPosted 464 days ago
- How To Make Malai KoftaPosted 464 days ago
- How To Make A Perfect MartiniPosted 464 days ago
- How To Make PancakePosted 466 days ago
- How To Treat Athletes FootPosted 466 days ago
- How To Make Gulab JamunPosted 467 days ago
How To Be A Supportive Husband During Pregnancy
When it comes to matters pertaining to women, barring a few exceptions, most men are downright awkward. But that doesn’t mean you have to sit in the background like a silent member of the audience. Your wife is in the family way and that means, you too, are in the family way.
While you will never know what it is to go through the physical and mental transformation that all expecting women experience, you can definitely play a more active role by being a supportive husband during the pregnancy. There’s a lot that you can do you’re your wife will find both gratifying and comforting.
- Pregnant women experience mood swings, episodes of cheer as well as depression. It may be hard for her to respond to you. Understand the delicacy of her condition and the need to keep her happy. Don’t complain when she doesn’t pay attention to you.
- Doing chores with a bulging stomach is not easy and most people cannot afford hired help. Run errands whenever you can manage it and ensure your wife doesn’t do any work which involves lifting heavy objects.
- Treat her to something special. Cook dinner one day. Bake a cake or a batch of cookies or some tasty snack that she likes.
- You cannot always be around her but hide little notes for her to find so when she feels low, they will make her feel better. It’s always the smallest gestures that make a difference.
- Accompany her to birthing or Lamaze classes. Your involvement is not just important for her but also for you. The whole child bearing process may not be clear to a man but it certainly helps to know what to expect next.
- Attending parenting classes are a good idea if you are first time parents. There’s a whole lot that goes into raising a child and these kinds of classes prepare you for the challenges ahead.
- Encourage her to exercise and if she doesn’t feel up to it, join her for a walk. It is important that she gets 20-30 minutes of exercise everyday.
- Towards the end of the last trimester, the baby will have gained a good deal of weight. You will notice that your wife now leans a little backwards, while holding her lower back, with her protruding belly jutting out in front of her. Back pain is common to most pregnant women so check with her doctor on the safest way to give her a massage.
Tips And Warnings
- Many men are not always aware of what their wives are going through. Often, they completely ignore them or make insensitive remarks that not only make a pregnant woman feel upset but also make her feel inadequate and small. Snide comments or curt answers to her questions are not going to help her feel better.
- Whatever your financial troubles or work woes, there is hardly any reason to burden her with any of these things since she is probably already worrying about them inside.
Photo Credit: Upcomingmom.comHow To Be A Supportive Husband During Pregnancy,