If you get sick very often and end up lying n bed with cold and cough, several times a year, probably you suffer from a weak immune system.
However, there are plenty of ways through which you can build up immunity, to fight against these commonly occurring diseases and symptoms. A few simple changes in your lifestyle and eating habits may help you strengthen immune system.
- Healthy Diet: A well balanced and healthy diet is the first key to a good immune system. Take a diet rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. Such a diet would essentially include plenty of fruits, mainly citrus, vegetables, whole grains, cereals and fish and poultry. Do not skip any meals and totally avoid fried and junk food. Have all bright colored fruits and vegetables as they are rich in antioxidants. Also increase food that is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which again helps in building resistance.
- Exercise: Studies have proved that a daily exercise routine improves immunity and helps body ward off disease causing bacteria and viruses. It is important to engage the body in a vigorous physical activity at least 5 days a week to keep yourself fit and healthy.
- Sleep Pattern changes: If you sleep less than required your chances to catch diseases may increase rapidly. A good night’s sleep is essential in maintaining the balance of hormonal levels and keeping the body fit, both mentally and physically. At least eight hours of sleep in a stress free and noise free environment is necessary for perfect immune system.
- Get Supplements: If you succumb to seasonal flu and cold virus very often then its really important to take some immunity building supplements regularly. A lot of medicinal herbs and natural supplements are very effective in improving immunity of our body and provides strength to the system. Sipping a few cups of Green Tea is also effective in building a strong immune system.
- Quit smoking and alcohol: Indulging in nicotine, alcohol and tobacco might be the worst thing you can do to your immune system. They are known as slow killers and can really ruin your body’s system to fight diseases and infections. Other than this also control your coffee and tea intake. Excess caffeine does damage to your body by dehydrating it.