- How To Make A Fruit CakePosted 479 days ago
- How To Dress NauticalPosted 479 days ago
- How To Make Malai KoftaPosted 479 days ago
- How To Make A Perfect MartiniPosted 479 days ago
- How To Make PancakePosted 482 days ago
- How To Treat Athletes FootPosted 482 days ago
- How To Make Gulab JamunPosted 483 days ago
How To Braces
If you are one among those who has to wear braces to correct your teeth then don’t consider yourself unfortunate. This is because in a few years from now, you are will have one of the best smiles and set of teeth among your friends.
Going by the cost you can wear the metal braces as it is considered cheap when compared to other types which are costly but can be hidden to some extent. Follow our guidelines given below to face the world with your braces on:
- It may take some time for you to get used to braces initially when they are put. At the first appointment with your dentist, do a tongue test and a finger test on your braces to check whether the wires have been fitted to perfection or not.
- If you feel a particular part tearing the insides of your mouth, then let your dentist know about it, so that it can be corrected immediately.
In case there is a particular wire which is giving your sleepless nights, then you can apply some orthodontic wax over it after checking with your dentist.
- The initial 2-3 weeks might give you some pain and discomfort, but later on you will hardly notice the pain.
Do not forget your appointments with your dentist, if you want to get rid of the braces at the earliest.
- Do not forget to get the cleaning brush from your dentist, which is customized to remove food particles from the remote corners of the braces. Brushing (after every food intake) and flossing are considered highly essential as otherwise your teeth may start to discolor and decay by the time the braces are removed. Moreover you can confidently smile in front of anyone, anytime. Chewing gums and eating sweet items are a strict no-no, however it also depends on how carefully you can chew them without breaking the braces.
- In case a wire breaks, you can repair or maintain it using a nail file and later can report to the dentist. You needn’t panic because of a broken wire as such incidents are quite common. When it is time to remove your braces, your dentist will give you a removable plain wire connected to a gum cover. You should wear it for a few more weeks after removing the braces to set your teeth in their new position.
Tips and Warnings
- Check your teeth and braces after you eat anything and brush them as often as possible.
- Do not worry about your looks and stop trying to cover your mouth with anything (book, hands, paper etc) while you are outside. Almost everyone has braces these days.
- Do not bite or chew hard food items.