The ears are the one of the most important and sensitive organs of balance and hearing. The ears are normally self efficient and self cleaning organs. They do not need any extensive cleaning routine as the ear wax itself protects the outer and inner ear from dirt and bacteria.
Occasionally cleaning your ears should be done with utmost care. Unnecessary poking may result in eardrum damage and permanent deafness.
Ear wax cleaning is a challenging task. You should be very careful with the whole process and follow the necessary guidelines
- First method to clean clogged ears or ear wax is with Hydrogen Peroxide (2% or 3%). Put a few drops of hydrogen peroxide with the help of a syringe or fluid dropper. The moment it reacts with the ear wax you will hear bubbling sounds that indicates the cleaning process. Lie down inverted with that ear on a pillow or sheet. Once the wax softens and comes out, clean the ear with a soft cloth or tissue.
- The same cleaning process can be done naturally with the help of some warm olive oil or baby oil. Olive oil is an excellent natural ear wax cleaner. Pour a few drops of warm olive oil with the help of a dropper. Let the oil remain in the ear canal for a few seconds. It will help melt and soften the wax. Once the wax comes out wipe off the excess oil with a tissue.
- You can also go for medicated wax removal ear drops. These drops are meant to soften the ear wax gradually and clean the clogged ears.
- If the ear wax problem is chronic and the wax has hardened for a long time, it is advisable to visit an ENT specialist. He will do a proper examination of blocked ears and might suggest a medication and use some special instruments for cleaning.
- Apart from internal ear cleaning, it is very important to keep the outer ears clean too. To clean your outer ears use a mild soap or a shampoo to remove the dirt and grime and wipe off with a dry towel softly. It is important to keep your ear dry and clean always to avoid recurring ear infections.