Stainless steel has today assumed magnified usage in most homes. Be it as utensils or in any other form, stainless steel has indeed become an object of delivering immense benefits for many houses. This is primarily owing to its ability to resist rust and any sort of tarnish. Steel made objects can be used for years together without a single scratch!
However, this power of theirs would last long only if the steel utensils are cleaned and maintained properly. Here are a few tips which will help you retain the sheen of your stainless steel utensils!
Cleaning stainless steel objects is indeed an easy job! It just needs a tiny bit of effort from your side.
- The very first step for stain removal entails identification. Identify the steel objects which carry stains. If the stains are recent, a simple wash under water will do the needful. However, if the stains are old, adhere to the following steps.
- Wash the steel by placing it in a bucket of lukewarm water. Do not add detergents of soaps to this as the chemicals inside them would prove harmful to the sensitive steel. If needed, mix a small proportion of ammonia in the water to observe better stain removal.
- Once you pull the steel out of water, clean it with a soft-fabric cloth. Using hard and abrasive clothes will certainly prove dangerous to the steel. Thus, make use of either nylon clothes or simple sponge- something which can quickly absorb and retain the moisture from the steel.
- If the stain yet persists, rinse the steel in water again and increase the quantity of ammonia. Scrub it with gentle strokes. This process is bound to remove stains properly.
- Clean the steel with a mild cleaner if required. Purchase a steel cleaner and use it often. This will not let any stains hold on to the steel for long.
- Keep the steel as neat as possible. Wash it regularly and dry it, first with a wet and then with a dry towel. This will prevent the accumulation of stains on the steel and will reduce your need to give it a complete removal treatment!
Stainless steel has indeed infiltrated our homes today. Thereby, keeping it clean is as essential as its utilization. Religiously consider the above mentioned tips and see the steel in your house sparkle every day!