- How To Make A Fruit CakePosted 467 days ago
- How To Dress NauticalPosted 467 days ago
- How To Make Malai KoftaPosted 467 days ago
- How To Make A Perfect MartiniPosted 467 days ago
- How To Make PancakePosted 469 days ago
- How To Treat Athletes FootPosted 469 days ago
- How To Make Gulab JamunPosted 470 days ago
How To Cook Vegetarian Pasta
Pasta is one of the most popularly eaten food items all over the world. Though originally from Italy, pasta is now accepted the world-over. There are numerous ways to cook pasta – with varied sauces and herbs. Pasta can be accompanied by meat, poultry, sea-food or veggies. Vegetarians can eat pasta in an equally delicious manner by substituting meat or sea-food with veggies.
The best thing about pasta is that it can blend well with almost all veggies. Vegetarian pasta is not only delicious but also constitutes a healthy and whole-some meal. There are many ways to make vegetarian pasta tasty and interesting. Adding fresh herbs, playing around with varied sauces and using different types of veggies can enhance the flavor of vegetarian pasta. This article gives you the step-by-step procedure to make a delicious vegetarian pasta recipe at home.
- To make vegetarian pasta you will need the following ingredients: 4-5 cups any pasta of your choice, 3-4 spoons olive oil, salt to taste, half spoon red pepper flakes, freshly ground black pepper, 2-3 spoons mixed dried herbs such as thyme, basil, parsley, oregano etc. 2 spoons fresh garlic finely minced, 3-4 cups mixed chopped veggies such as carrots, bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, etc. 1 red onion finely chopped, 2 cups canned tomato puree, and 1/4th cup grated parmesan cheese.
- To make vegetarian pasta, take water in a large vessel and bring to boil. Add salt and little olive oil to the boiling water. Once water comes to a boil, add the pasta and let it cook in boiling water for 5-6 minutes. The pasta must be cooked yet remain firm. Drain the excess water and keep the cooked pasta aside. You can use whole-grain pasta to make this dish healthier.
- Next, take olive oil in a pan and stir-fry the chopped veggies in it till they get slightly done. The veggies should remain crunchy. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and keep aside.
- Take olive oil in another pan and add the chopped onions and fresh garlic to it. Sauté the onions and garlic till the onions turn slightly translucent. Then add the tomato puree and season with salt, black pepper and paprika flakes. Next, add the dried herbs such as parsley, thyme, rosemary, basil, etc. Mix everything well and let the sauce simmer for a while.
- To assemble the vegetarian pasta, put the sautéed veggies and cooked pasta in the prepared sauce and cook for a few minutes. Let the sauce coat the veggies and pasta nicely.
- Serve the vegetarian pasta warm garnished with fresh basil leaves and grated parmesan cheese. Fresh garlic bread and a light tomato soup is perfect accompaniment to vegetarian pasta.
- There are many variations you can give to vegetarian pasta. Instead of preparing the tomato-based pasta sauce, you can use pesto sauce. Pesto sauce will impart a fresh flavor to the vegetarian pasta and make it taste very unique. Fresh home-made pesto sauce will taste best for this recipe.
- For those wanting creamy vegetarian pasta, make an Alfredo sauce to go with the pasta and veggies. Alfredo sauce can be made by sautéing flour in melted butter and then adding milk, heavy cream and grated cheese to form a creamy sauce.