Beautiful, luscious curls add glamour and appeal to your hairstyle while making it look thicker. There are many ways of adding beautiful curls to your hair. However the most popular and the easiest way of curling hair is by the use of curling iron. Just heat the curling iron and roll your hair into pretty curls in a matter of forty to forty five minutes. Here are the instructions on how to use a curling iron to curl your hair.
- Wash and completely dry your hair using a blow dryer before curling your hair. This is important as damp hair will become flat again after drying. Brush your hair to remove any tangles and use a heat protecting serum on your hair.
- Remove the curling iron from the package and read the instructions on it before proceeding such as the required temperature levels, safety instructions etc. Also take into account the various attachments that accompany the curling iron and how to use them. While you can use any type of curling iron, a wide barrel one works the best.
- Plug and switch on the curling iron and allow it to reach the desired temperature. Till the iron heats up, comb your hair and divide it into sections. Carefully secure each section of hair with clips or ponytail holder.
- Remove each section from the clip and wrap it around the barrel of the curling iron. Start from the base and twirl the iron upwards while wrapping your hair. Based on whether you want inward or outward curls you can use the curling iron to curl your hair. Hold the iron with the hair wrapped around for five to ten seconds till you feel the heat coursing through the hair and then unwrap slowly.
- Roll each curl and secure it with bobby pins close to the scalp. Continue curling your hair with the curling iron for the rest of the sections. Once the hair has cooled, release the curled hair from the pins and separate the sections with your fingers.
- Spray on some styling serum or use some setting gel to secure the style. This also adds volume and beauty to your curly hairstyle.