Parents who have more than one girl child (perhaps twin girls) will be keen on saving space and money by putting them in the same room. The décor in a girls room should always complement the tastes of all the persons who are going to use it. Follow these tips on how to decorate a girl’s room to create the perfect room for your girls.
- Painting the walls of the room will be your first task. Select a color that your children like or work out a compromise by choosing a neutral shade like cream, beige or white.
- Paint the ceiling, windows and doors in plain white. Purchase light fixtures and a ceiling fan that is also in a neutral shade or a complementary color. Overhead lighting fixtures would be an excellent idea as they provide better lighting. Wooden flooring is ideal for a girls room. If it’s within your budget you can lay down some nice carpeting, or you can select some nice groovy rugs and put them down to make the room comfier.
- The next step in decorating a girls room is selecting wall décor. Put up some pretty pictures, and some framed posters of your girls’ favorite movie scenes and stars. Make sure the frames are of the same color and similar in size for a neat and uncluttered look.
- Artsy murals and age-appropriate works of art are ideal for girls with superior aesthetic sense. If you are on a budget, it’s possible to purchase affordable art from art students or online. Alternatively, if you or your girls are artistically gifted, you can create your own murals and paintings. You can also put up decorative mats and other hangings. However, these would require more care and maintenance.
- Next, select and purchase some nice matching furniture preferably in white or light colored wood to create an illusion of spaciousness. For a girls room you will need twin single beds or preferably bunk beds to save space, a shared bed-side table, a shared dressing table or vanity table with drawers for each girl, twin study tables and chairs.
- You will also need to ensure that the girls have ample storage space for all their stuff. If you have enough room you can build two separate walk-in closets or purchase two large wardrobes. If the room is really small, a large sized closet or wardrobe with separate compartments for each girl is a must. Another step in decorating a girls room is, selecting some nice curtains (in a neutral shade) and bed linen in colors that your girls like.
- Add a few decorative items around the room to accentuate the aesthetic appeal of the room and to make it snugger. Some small retro or funky table lamps, small decorative vases or statuettes would make the room look a lot prettier. While decorating a girls room, you can also hang up decorative items from the ceiling. You can also use nets and hanging baskets for extra storage space (small items).
Tips and Warnings
- To avoid disagreements, ensure that the girls have their own private storage space and other necessities.
- Avoid painting walls in a dark color, as that would make the room very dull and dark.
Photo Credit: Erdexon.com/bedroom-design/classic-young-girls-bedroom-ideas.html
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]How To Decorate A Girl's Room,