Apartments are generally not very spacious but can hold most of your necessary furniture and items. With this idea in mind I’m going to show you how to decorate an apartment in the easiest and best manner possible. These simple decorating tips and ideas help you to decorate your apartment.
- Begin by painting the walls of your apartment in a neutral shade of color like white. Using neutral colors will help give your apartment a more spacious feel. The next step in decorating an apartment is putting up your most favorite works of art. Make sure that the paintings have matching picture frames preferably in a color that blends in with the walls.
- Furthermore, it is best to limit the number of paintings so that the apartment does not take on a cluttered appearance. Using large mirrors to decorate the walls of your apartment will help create an illusion of space and airiness. Install small-sized wall sconces and ceiling (overhead) lighting to ensure that your apartment is well lit.
- A few glass hanging wall shelves would help save floor space and provide extra storage. Hanging bookshelves are also an option. You can also use hanging wall shelves to hold a few small and well-chosen decorative items to heighten the decorative appeal of your home.
- It is preferable to paint windows and doors in white or the same color as the walls to help accentuate the illusion of space. Leave windows uncovered and unfettered by curtains, blinds and shades, for a bright and airy atmosphere. For bedrooms, curtains or blinds that are in the same color as the walls, are the best choice.
- In order to decorate an apartment with the right sort of furniture, it is important to choose items, which provide the greatest storage capacity possible. Bearing this in mind, choose pieces that are small and compact, and if possible in the same color as the walls or a very pale color, so as to blend in as much as possible.
- If you are decorating an apartment on a budget, you can simply modify old furniture by painting them over in white or in a color that goes with the rest of the décor. Furniture pieces that can be used simultaneously for more than one purpose like box beds, futons and other items are perfect for an apartment.
- If your little home doesn’t include a walk-in closet, purchasing a large wardrobe with mirrored doors would be very useful in terms of storage, while at the same time the mirrored doors would help it blend in with the rest of the décor and keep the room from looking cluttered.
- Use bed linen and other fabric items that do not feature bold prints, but are rather pale in color with very small patterns or self-colored, for best results. For the final touch, pepper the whole apartment with a few carefully chosen decorative items like small pale colored vases, small framed photos, tiny and delicate glass or crystal statuary, ornate mirrors and other items for aesthetic appeal.
Tips and Warnings
- While decorating an apartment, it is important to avoid cluttering up the place with too many decorative items. If possible select decorative items that have a useful as well as decorative purpose like curiously carved pen holders or delicate patterned glass ashtrays.
- Small and pale colored items can be hung from the ceiling in room corners for a little extra decoration.
Photo Credit: Apartmentflat.net/category/uncategorized