As you prepare to bring home your new born, you will be thinking of ways to decorate your little one’s room. Decorating a baby’s room nicely will make your tiny tot feel comfortable. There are many specialty baby stores that offer exclusive décor for your baby’s room. You can also find many baby décor items sold online.
Before you begin decorating your baby’s room, pay a visit to baby stores or browse online catalogues to figure out various décor themes for a baby’s room. You can use creative ideas to make your baby’s room look beautiful yet cozy and comfortable. This article tells you how to decorate your baby’s room so that your little one will be safe and happy in his/her space.
- Safety is the primary concern when you are looking at decorating your baby’s room. Ensure the crib, mattress, bassinet, etc. that you purchase for your baby’s nursery meet current safety regulations.
- Choose a central theme which will make decorating your baby’s room easier. Since kids are attracted by bright colors, add color to the décor in various forms. Avoid painting the walls of the room in bright colors as this can distract your little one when you are trying to put her/him to sleep. Pastel shades such as lavender, pink, beige or peach can be used to paint the walls.
- You can also select light-turquoise or sea-blue color to paint the walls of your baby’s room. All these colors will have a calming effect on your little one and will help make the room feel cozy and comforting. You can add color to the room with the help of decorative wall hangings, bright-colored rugs, etc. You can also use cute wall-papers to decorate the walls of your baby’s room.
- Think of innovative ideas to make décor accessories for your baby’s room. Try using large sized cut-outs of animals or popular cartoon characters to decorate some area of your baby’s room. You can also make your own cut-outs in shapes of cartoon characters from card-board and paint them to make in-expensive decorative articles for your baby’s room.
- You can also use stencils to paint any one wall of your baby’s room with bright images. Stencil shapes such as circles, triangles or animal shapes such as teddy bear or rabbit can make your baby’s room look attractive besides providing visual stimulation for your baby. A hanging mobile with lights and soothing music is just right for your tiny tot.
- You will also need furniture such as drawers, dressers, changing station, etc. to store your baby’s clothing and diapering supplies. Arrange furniture and crib in a manner such that you can move freely and easily within your baby’s room. A good lay-out is important for your baby’s room to prevent it from looking cluttered and un-tidy.
- You can decorate the furniture in your baby’s room which will make it look more beautiful. Try covering lamp-shades with baby-themed covers. You can paint the table and dressers in your baby’s room with bright colored organic paint to make them look attractive and to add more color to the room.
Photo Credit: Bestdecorationideas.org