Your eyes are an important part of your face that draws attention of the onlookers at the first attempt. So, it’s no wonder that a wide variety of eye makeup is available in the market, which can help you create looks that enhance your eyes and make them truly stunning.
Eye makeup, when applied properly, can really change the way you look, transforming you into a natural beauty. Application of eye makeup is extremely simple and requires a few essential supplies and adhering to certain basic rules. Following are some simple steps, which if followed, will definitely make you an expert in eye makeup.
- Prep your eyes - The first step towards applying eye makeup is to prepare your eyes, by using a concealer under your eyes to hide the dark circles.
- Apply eye bas - This is extremely essential for ensuring that your eyeliner and shadow are not smudged for the entire evening. Priming your eyelids with a base is essential to ensure that your eye shadow does not become greasy.
- Highlighting your eyes - Before applying any kind of eye makeup, it is important to highlight your eyes. This can be done by dabbing light colored eye shadow onto your upper eye lid, especially in the innermost part.
- Apply eye shadow - The most important part of eye makeup is eye shadow. Most people apply the eye shadow wrongly, which defeats the entire purpose of eye makeup. If you want to apply eye shadow properly, it is important to choose the right shade of eye shadow, which will suit your eyes.
- Mix colors of eye shadow - Mixing colors will help give you a completely different look and also make your eyes brighter. Make sure to blend it properly so that it flows rather than appear like three different shades.
- Curl your lashes - When you want to look really special, curling your eyelashes is extremely useful. However, curling should not be done on a regular basis.
- Apply mascara- Proper application of mascara after curling your lashes will give a dramatic look to your eyes.
- Apply eyeliner - The next step is to apply eyeliner on the eyelid, close to the eye lashes, after which you can do the same with the lower eye. There are two types of eyeliners, wet and dry and depending on the effect you want, you can choose from these two.
Tips and Warnings
- Buying good quality makeup is absolutely essential.
- Ensure that you have good brushes for applying eye shadow.
- After the application of mascara, make sure to brush so that the lashes get separated and clumps, if any, get removed.
- Amidst all the preparation, don’t forget to groom your eyebrows. Unless you have well groomed brows that frame your eyes for maximum impact, your eye makeup won’t help much.
- Practice makes you perfect in the application of eye makeup. Hence, make sure that you consistently practice how to enhance your eyes before your big day.
- Don’t use eye makeup that is too old or has not been in use for long. Use products from popular brands and the ones that are not harsh on the eyes.