- How To Make A Fruit CakePosted 464 days ago
- How To Dress NauticalPosted 464 days ago
- How To Make Malai KoftaPosted 464 days ago
- How To Make A Perfect MartiniPosted 464 days ago
- How To Make PancakePosted 467 days ago
- How To Treat Athletes FootPosted 467 days ago
- How To Make Gulab JamunPosted 468 days ago
How To End An Off-On Relationship
Celebrities are often in the news for their link-ups and off-on relationships. Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake for instance – no one knows if they are either in ‘On’ or ‘Off’ mode at the moment. While a lot of people view such relationships casually, in most cases, they are unhealthy and breed problems of a different kind.
People who prefer on again-off again relationships tend to find it hard to stay committed for long. This results in long term complications and possibly, an unhappy and unsatisfying family life.
If you find yourself at the moment in an off-on relationship that is clearly going nowhere in particular, maybe it’s time to pull the plug on it and say goodbye. Initiating a break-up is never easy but here are a few tips that can help you along.
- First of all, think things out for yourself before you discuss them with your partner. Since it is pointless working on a relationship that has no direction, muster the courage to talk to him, especially if you have some notion that he probably feels the same way as you do but hesitates to say so.
- Get your partner to sit down with you and talk about what is wrong with the relationship. Try and find out why the two of you find it hard to stay together for long and often call it off.
- Question each other’s motives for getting back together after frequent break-ups. Are the two of you actually in love or merely get tired of being alone and long for some familiar company?
- Tell your partner that although you don’t want to hurt him, you feel the need to be honest with yourself. Point out that the relationship has taken an unhealthy turn and that while you’re sorry things turned out this way, you prefer to end it before everything turns ugly.
- Once you are done explaining your reasons for wanting to end the relationship, give him some time to think and let him do the talking. That way, both of you can part ways on a friendlier note.
- If he does not agree with you and the discussion turns vindictive or if he begs, keep your head firmly on your shoulders and explain that you don’t intend to back out of your decision. Doing this may seem harsh and unkind but it will make sense once the both of you move on.
- An off-on relationship once ended should stay that way. Do not offer to be friends or entertain any requests to keep in touch. Stay as far away from each other as possible especially to avoid being tempted to go back just because the days begin to get lonely.
Tips and Warnings
- As I mentioned before, initiating a break-up is difficult but plucking up the courage to do it will help you move on to a more fulfilling and long lasting relationship.
- Time is a great healer so don’t worry about hurting your partner. He will eventually get over it and probably understand that things turned out for the best.