Even the happiest person on planet Earth can get depressed anytime. Depression is a serious mental condition which needs careful attention towards complete recovery. To get completely cured of depression you need to take complete charge of your life and your negative thoughts.Here we list down some steps that you can take to fight back your depression:
Challenging but simple.
- You are not alone - Understand completely your current state of mind and do not ever wonder ‘why me’, because any healthy person can get depressed. So you are never alone. Moreover accept that depression is a medical condition that has many successful treatments in place. Therefore sow a seed of hope in your mind.
- Ask for help - Once you see some ray of hope, don’t feel ashamed to ask for help. Visit a doctor and discuss your problems. You can also talk to someone you trust or a therapist.
- Take charge – It is time to take your life in your hands amidst positive thoughts. Make a relaxing time table for your days. Start getting up early in the morning and take a thirty minutes walk every day. Apart from morning walks you can also indulge in yoga or meditation early morning to relax your mind. You can do these all alone or with someone.
- Get your energy back – Depression might have taken a toll on your health; therefore it is time to get the right nourishment back. Do not over eat just depend more on plenty of fruits and vegetables for your daily food intake. If eating gets difficult in the beginning do not forget to take a multi-vitamin pill till your digestive system gets back to normal condition.
- Get going - During your free times (if you don’t have, create free times) meet and talk to your friends or simply pour your feelings on to a diary or a journal. Just write whatever comes in your mind. Indulge in expressive works such as paintings, or offer your assistance to someone or simply get involved in orphanage or charity works. Just get out of your lonely space during day time and mix with the crowd and do something useful. The point is to feel the sense of achievement at the end of the day.
- Sleep – By night make yourself so tired that sleep becomes the only one option in front of you to have.
- Say no to chemicals - Avoid taking too much caffeine, alcohol and any other chemicals to raise your spirits temporarily. You don’t need it when you have so many other useful things to do in your life.
- Forget & forgive – Do not hold back any bad feelings towards anyone, even if you have had any bad experiences with them. The idea is to forgive/forget and get on with your life.