Confidence is a very strong and positive feeling of being very sure about oneself. It is one wonderful virtue that can motivate people to take the toughest decisions in life and succeed through it.
A confident person is fearless, positive and extremely sure about his capabilities, strengths and his instincts. Whereas, a person lacking confidence may be a little shaky and insecure regarding his abilities to do a task or perform anything in life.
Lack of confidence and low self esteem may result from a chain of failures a person may have gone through in his life. However, confidence can be gained with a little patience and practice.
Here are a few wonderful ways to gain confidence and achieve success:
- Love thyself: The first principle of gaining confidence is to fall in love with yourself.Accept yourself the way you are. Admire yourself for your persona, the way you look, your positive traits and your accomplishments in life. Praise yourself mentally even for the smallest of achievements and successes.Self applause is the first step towards gaining confidence and a feeling of high self esteem. Do not think what other people may be thinking about you. Just be sure of yourself.
- Revision of Past mistakes and Failure: Instead of crying and mourning over your failures, it is very important to go through the mistakes you committed in the past that led you to failure. Only you can do an analysis of your shortcomings. List down all the faults you think you committed either in a relationship or profession. Think how it could have been avoided and what step you would have taken to avoid the failures that occurred. Remind yourself not to repeat the same in the coming future.
- Write down your achievements: While you learn through your mistakes and failures it is equally important to remind yourself of the smallest of tasks you accomplished and the applause you got in the past. List down all the good feeling associated with the success in diary. It would be highly motivating for you in your moments of low-self confidence or if you feel low or insecure at any point of time.
- Avoid negative people: Another important step in building confidence is to steer clear of negative and toxic people around you. There are people who take utmost joy in criticizing the efforts made by others and do their best to bring down your self esteem by their cynical behavior. Spot those persons around you and totally avoid their company.
- Build your support system: After getting away from the negative people around you, it’s important now to build up a circle of close well-wishers who genuinely support and encourage you in everything you do. Though the number of such people would be quite less but certainly they will prove to be the biggest reason behind your success.
- Visualise your Goals: Before starting to work on any task it is important to visualize a goal for yourself. Imagine yourself wearing the success hat and you will suddenly feel motivated towards it. After visualizing your aims and targets, make a concrete stepwise action plan towards your goal. Strike out each step that you accomplish while working towards your final goal.