If you are skinny, then chances are that you want to gain mass. Gaining mass is extremely simple, provided you follow certain basic principles or steps. Following are some simple steps to help gain mass.
- Eat more - One of the basic principles or rules for gaining mass is to eat more. This means and includes eating more calories than usual. However, when eating more, care should be taken to eat healthy food rather than junk. Moreover, it is important to include more protein in your diet, which is the basic and essential thing for building mass.
- Eat more often - Another simple way to ensure mass gain is to eat more often. This means that you should eat at least six meals a day, at regular intervals. Each meal should be sizeable in terms of quantity, with specific protein intake. However, make sure that you reduce or avoid fat intake during all these meals or don’t opt for binge eating.
- Eat more fat - Dietary fats or good fats are absolutely essential for hormonal balance. Hence, if you want to gain mass, it is important to include dietary fats in your regular foods. However, this is no excuse for eating junk food, which is not good fat. Junk food, when consumed, will add fat to your body instead of mass or muscle. So, their intake should be avoided.
- Drink lots of water - Water is essential for removing the bad toxins from the body as well as for keeping it hydrated. Hence, it is essential for an individual to drink at least 6 large glasses of water daily.
- Weight training - Whilst cardio is excellent for losing fat, weight training is essential for gaining mass. However, it is important to weight train in the right manner, if you want to build muscles properly. Limiting the number of reps while increasing the weight is a great way to challenge your muscles and grow mass. In case you want to enjoy maximum muscle gain, you will need to focus your workouts on free weight exercises. Doing only bodyweight exercises or exercising on machines alone will not help.
- Rest – Gaining mass is a continuous process and hence it is important to provide adequate rest to the body to recover and continue the next day.
Tips and Warnings
- Consistency is of absolute essence for gaining mass. Be motivated and stay on track and you will definitely gain mass.
- Supplements like multi vitamins or antioxidants are excellent for helping muscle recovery whilst also aiding in mass gain.
- To gain mass, you need to go for muscle blasting workouts that are effective. Since you will need to stimulate as many muscle fibbers as are possible, your main focus should be on free weight exercises. However, this doesn’t mean that you should shun bodyweight exercises and machines. Blend them in your exercise regiment too for maximum effect.
- If you decide to take products and supplements that aid in specific muscle gain, do so only on the recommendation of a professional trainer or doctor.