Love handles are flabby areas around the waist commonly seen among over-weight people. Love handles make you look fat around the waist and abdomen and you will seem much fatter than you actually are.
There is certainly no short-cut to losing love handles. It has been proved that spot reduction is a myth and that you need to work on losing excess body weight if you want to get rid of flabby areas around the waist and abdomen. This article has step-by-step guidelines to help you get rid of love handles.
- As with any exercise regime, you must have strong resolve if you desire to lose love handles. The first step in losing love handles is to adopt a healthy lifestyle. To lose love handles you need to reduce overall body fat.
- To make this happen, the calories you consume must not exceed the amount of calories you expend. This essentially means that you need to cut out high-calorie items from your diet. This includes fried and artificially sweetened food items such as chips, cookies, pastries, soda, etc. This will ensure that your calorie intake is controlled.
- Focus on an exercise regime and make it a point to indulge in aerobic exercises along with weight training for at least 5 days a week. Aerobic exercises such as walking at a brisk pace, jogging, swimming, etc are great for weight loss. Aerobic exercises accelerate the metabolic rate and burn significant amount of calories. Hence, regular aerobic exercises help in weight loss. This will ultimately result in reduction of flab around your waist and abdomen. Weight training helps in reducing fat deposits by building muscle mass. Hence practice weight training to tone your abdomen which will facilitate weight loss around the waist.
- You can practice certain exercises targeted specifically to get rid of love handles. Crunches where you twist your lower body slightly more is an effective work-out for those wanting to lose weight around the waist.
- Another effective work-out to lose love handles is the standing twist. Stand with your feet apart and twist your torso as far as possible. Do 50-100 repetitions of this work-out.