Having man breasts (Gynecomastia) is very embarrassing but then it is quite a common condition. There are many reasons for getting man breasts, such as hormonal imbalance, excessive fat, lack of exercises, age factor etc.
Young boys who have just hit puberty often notice some changes with their breast, but it is unwise to contemplate taking any serious treatment just then.
Most often these changes disappear few years after puberty. If they still don’t seem to go even after you hit 25, then it is time to think about ways to get rid of them.
Moderately challenging and time consuming. You need to note that reducing your man boobs may take sufficiently longer time; hence you have to be patient as well as sincere with your efforts.
- Understand the reason(s) behind this unexpected development in your body. For example it can be due to your age (puberty time, 12-18 years), genetic, aging, steroid usage, excessive weight gain, medications etc. Certain medications such as those used for treating ulcer, cardiovascular ailments, cancer and some antibiotics can be the real cause for your man breasts.
- The most common way of reducing your man breasts is by changing your diet so as to increase your metabolism. Reduce your alcohol and sweets intake.
The most proven and affordable method, however is to exercise. Go for aerobic and anaerobic exercises for faster results. Weight lifting is good, just like incline bench press, using incline press machine and pectoral exercises. For example you can do incline chest dumbbell press, supine bench press with barbell, cable crossover pulls, incline chest flyes etc.
- Apart from exercises your prime intention should be to reduce your estrogen hormone levels in the body. Females require them more. What you need instead is more testosterone hormone. Therefore avoid marijuana and food items than increase the estrogen levels in the body.
- You can also take the help of natural supplements and herbs for treating gynecomastia. For example tribulus increases the testosterone levels, others herbs beneficial for treating the disorder are green tea extracts, ginseng, gynexin etc.
- Finally consider going for surgery only if you are not able to cope up with this disorder any further. However, surgery for reducing male breasts is quite expensive and just like any other surgery, may have few side effects too. Therefore discuss with your doctor the pros and cons before going ahead with the surgery.