Sunspots are the marks on the skin which appear due to extreme exposure of skin to sun. The sun produces ultra violet rays which are very harmful for the skin. Sun spots appear on those areas of the skin which are directly exposed to the sun, like hands, face and back.
You may see discoloration of the skin in case of sun spots. You should make sure to prevent the formation of sun spots on the skin by taking proper care of the skin. It is very important to make sure to apply sunscreen on the skin every time before going out in the sun, so that the skin does not come in direct contact with the sun, thus helping to guard against sun spots.
Getting rid of sun spots is not much difficult. With the help of below given tips, you would be able to get rid of sunspots in an easy manner.
- One of the best ways to get rid of sun spots is to make use of lemon juice. Lemon is enriched with acidic properties. Application of lemon juice on the skin would help in peeling off skin’s upper layer, thus helping to remove or lighten the sun spots. Make use of cotton ball to apply lemon juice on the skin. Apply lemon juice on the skin at least two times in a day to see effective results. You would see your sunspots fading away in six to eight weeks time.
- Red onion is also considered to be a good way to deal with sun spots. Take a red onion and cut it. Rub one slice of red onion on the skin. The acid present in red onion would help in fading away the sun spots in an amazing manner.
- Application of castor oil on the sunspots would help in making the skin clean, soft and smooth.
- A mix of glycerin, rose water and lime juice is a very good home remedy for getting rid of sun spots. Apply the mix on affected area of the skin and allow it to stay there for around half an hour. Thereafter, clean the skin area. Practice this treatment twice in a day for three to four weeks to see effective results.
- Make sure to wear sunscreen on the skin before going out in the sun to prevent the formation of sunspots.