A milkshake is the most perfect, healthy and nourishing drink for people of all ages. It can be served on a breakfast table to wash down a scrumptious breakfast meal. Or with cookies as an evening snack for kids. And of course, a healthy glass of milk shake can come to your rescue during mid night when hunger strikes!
Making a milkshake might take less than a minute if you have the basic ingredients stocked in your fridge. Given below is a basic recipe for milkshake that would help you blend a yummy fruity shake. Enjoy this healthy treat!
- Ingredients of a Milkshake: You need 1 cup of peeled and chopped fruits of your choice, 1 glass cold milk, ½ cup flavored syrup( strawberry, vanilla or raspberry), 1 scoop of plain or flavored ice cream, sugar(optional), whipped cream.
- Pour half of the cold milk, chopped fruits, sugar and flavored syrup in the blender jar and churn thoroughly on high speed for 2-3 minutes. The fruits should be completely mashed and have a paste like consistency. Now add rest of the milk and ice cream and blend for another 2 minutes.
- The shake should have a nice syrupy consistency and a fruity color. Pour in tall glasses and serve garnished with whipped cream and a dash of flavored syrup on top!
- You can try making milkshake out of a wide variety of fruits and flavored syrups available. Apart from mango, bananas and strawberries try some exotic flavors like avocados, blueberries, peaches and black currant for a wonderful taste and lovely color in your glass.
- If you wish to omit fruits from your milkshake, you can go for a plain vanilla shake or a chocolate shake that would taste equally goo. Pour a glass of cold milk, 2 large scoops of vanilla or chocolate ice cream, sugar (optional), 1 tsp vanilla extract or chocolate syrup in a blender and whip for 2-3 minutes. Serve with whipped cream on top.
Tips and Warnings
- Go ahead and try experimenting with your milkshake. You can add some crumpled chocolate cookies, peanut butter or a spoon of mixed fruit jam or jelly to your milkshake, just before blending. It would bring out a real good flavor and an exotic taste.
- And for that extra zing to your milkshake, pour some carbonated soda to the glass before pouring the milkshake. It will give a nice frothy and different taste and fizz to your shake!