- How To Make A Fruit CakePosted 463 days ago
- How To Dress NauticalPosted 463 days ago
- How To Make Malai KoftaPosted 463 days ago
- How To Make A Perfect MartiniPosted 463 days ago
- How To Make PancakePosted 466 days ago
- How To Treat Athletes FootPosted 466 days ago
- How To Make Gulab JamunPosted 467 days ago
How To Make A Pineapple Dip
Pineapple is a very versatile fruit that can be used in a variety of ways. The tangy and sweet flavor of pineapple combines well with other ingredients because of which pineapple is used in curries, chutneys, glazes, etc. The flavor of pineapple blends beautifully with spices and herbs.
There are a variety of dips that can be made using pineapple. This recipe discusses an exotic pineapple dip recipe that combines fresh spices and herbs. This dip has a tropical flavor with a hint of spice. This sweet-spicy and tangy dip is a refreshing change from the regular salsa.
You can serve this exotic dip with chips, spicy chicken wings, grilled sea-food or kebobs, etc. This pineapple dip looks very colorful and appetizing too. Follow the step-by-step method discussed here to make this exotic pineapple dip.
- To make this pineapple dip you will need the following ingredients: 4-5 cups canned pineapple, 1 cup fresh pineapple finely chopped, salt to taste, half teaspoon paprika powder, 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, half tablespoon honey, a pinch of cumin powder, 1/4th teaspoon curry powder or all-spice powder, half fresh jalapeno finely chopped, 1 spoon green onions finely chopped, 2-3 spoons fresh cilantro finely chopped, and 1/4th cup green and red bell peppers finely chopped.
- First, drain the excess water from the canned pineapple and crush the pineapple pieces to a coarse paste in a food processor. Take fresh pineapple and cut it into small pieces. Remove the pineapple puree in a bowl and add honey, salt, paprika powder, cumin powder and curry powder.
- Mix well and then add the fresh lemon juice. Next, add the chopped fresh pineapple, finely chopped bell peppers, chopped jalapeno and chopped green onions. Mix all these ingredients very well and lastly add chopped cilantro. Once again mix everything well and your pineapple dip is ready.
- You can add your favorite nuts by crushing them lightly. Crushed walnuts or almonds go well with this dip and impart a crunchy texture to the dip. Garnish this dip with a finely chopped fresh pineapple pieces and sliced almonds before serving.
- You can also make a pineapple dip using cream cheese. The cheesy and slightly salty flavor of cream cheese goes very well with the sweet and tangy flavor of pineapple. For this, you will need 4-5 cups tinned pineapples coarsely pureed and 1 packet cream cheese. You can add any herbs of your choice to enhance the flavor of the dip. Finely chopped fresh mint, cilantro, parsley, etc. can be used.
- To make this variation of the pineapple dip, you will need to bring the cream cheese to room temperature so that it becomes soft in texture. Next, take softened cream cheese in a bowl and add the crushed pineapple paste. Mix the two very well together so that they blend well.
- Next, add the finely chopped fresh herbs. Add seasonings of your choice such as crushed paprika flakes or cumin powder. Finely chopped Serrano chilies can be added if you want your dip to be spicy. Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate before serving.