A well crafted ice cream cake is a visual delight for a party as well as a dual treat for the taste buds. The mouth melting ice cream and a soft gooey cake can together create a true magic.
Making an ice cream cake is tricky and challenging as you have to work out the whole process quickly before your ice cream melts and ruins the whole cake. Store bought ice cream cakes are pretty expensive on your pockets whereas making an ice cream cake at home is reasonably convenient and economical.
Preparing an ice cream cake at home can be a moderately challenging task, but once you gain the mastery with this ice cream cake recipe, you can win accolades for this masterpiece dessert!
- Things you need: 1 liter ice cream of your choice, cake mix or cake ingredients, whipped cream,1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, butter paper, round or square cake tin.
- The cake: Preheat the oven at 350 degree F. Mix the cake ingredients and pour in the cake tin. Bake for at least 30 minutes or till the cake is done. Check by inserting a tooth pick. Let the cake cool completely. Now cut the cake horizontally into two parts with a sharp knife so as to get two flat cakes.
- The ice cream: Select an ice cream of your choice. You can be experimental and creative with the ice cream and cake mix. A chocolate ice cream with a chocolate cake or a strawberry ice cream with a vanilla cake is an instant favorite among people of all ages. Take out the ice cream box from the freezer and let it thaw a bit but should not melt.
- Setting the ice cream cake: Arrange a cake tin lined with a butter paper. Scoop out some thawed ice cream and arrange it nicely on the tin base. Put a layer of cake on the ice cream and again arrange some thawed ice cream on top. Lastly, put the second piece of cake on the top layer and cover with a tin foil and refrigerate.
- Garnishing: Pour the whipped cream, sugar and vanilla essence in a chilled bowl and whip for a few minutes. Decorate the top of your ice cream cake with this creamy mix and refrigerate again for at least 2 hours. Your delicious homemade ice cream cake is ready to serve!