Banana Chips are the most favorite snacks for many people. They, enriched with healthy nutrients, are really toothsome and luscious. Banana chips are prepared by deep frying in any vegetable or coconut oil.
- You don’t always have to be depended on the market to have banana chips and enjoy their taste. If you are ready to buy some ingredients and have a mind to prepare delectable snacks, you can make the delicious banana chips at your own home very easily. All you need is to get the required ingredients and follow the instructions that are dictated in this article.
- The first ingredient you need for salty banana chips is raw banana. Take five raw bananas and peel them. Then put them in clean, salted water for some time. After some time, slice those bananas appropriately using a chips slicer (a chip slicer will help you to cut the banana in the required thickness). Then put them in the salted water adding 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric Powder. Even If you forget to add the turmeric powder in this stage, you could always add it to the oil while you fry the slices.
- After 10 minutes, drain out the water completely and dry those slices using a clean, absorbent cloth. In the next step what you have to do is to take any deep frying oil (Coconut/vegetable oil) and heat it in a pan till it gets seethed. Then add the slices to the seethed oil and fry them until they are crispy. You can add only a few slices at a time.
- To make more chips crispier you can make a mixture of ½ teaspoon water and ¼ teaspoon salt and add it to the oil. Take out the chips from the pan using a spoon and place chips on an absorbent cloth to dry and remove the extra oil. Repeat the same procedure again for the remaining slices. After drying the chips completely you can enjoy the taste.
- For sweet banana chips you can take ripe bananas and use less salt when you prepare salted water to keep slices. The remaining process is same for both sweet and salty banana chips.