- How To Make A Fruit CakePosted 464 days ago
- How To Dress NauticalPosted 464 days ago
- How To Make Malai KoftaPosted 464 days ago
- How To Make A Perfect MartiniPosted 464 days ago
- How To Make PancakePosted 467 days ago
- How To Treat Athletes FootPosted 467 days ago
- How To Make Gulab JamunPosted 468 days ago
How To Make Beef Steak
Steak is fairly popular in the western countries. Nobody can control himself from digging into a lovely, juicy and succulent steak right from the grill. Though meat steak generally refers to beef, but there are other types too and not too forget the fish steaks. Big fishes like Tuna or salmon are used for this purpose.
The accurate cut for the fish steak should be about 5 to 7 ounces and also perpendicular to the spine. There are various different types of beef cuts. You must be wondering why all this fuss over meat cuts. Well because a lot depend over a perfectly butchered piece. Some of the cuts are Filet Mignon, Flank Steaks, Rib Eye Steak, Cube Steak, Sirloin Steak etc. Filet Mignon is an expensive, boneless and the more tender cut. It comes from the small end of the tenderloin.
Beef steak is most popular among the meat steaks. Different countries serve it with different accompaniments. For example, in UK it is served with French fries whereas in USA it is usually served with mashed potatoes. France also serves beef steak with French fries. But it is up to you what you would serve with it. For that let us get started to make the steak first.
- The required ingredients are; beef steak(1 pound), butter (4 tablespoons), crushed garlic flakes (2 nos), curry powder (1/2 teaspoon), white vinegar(1 tablespoon), soy sauce (2 teaspoon), worcestershire (2 teaspoon), ginger powder (1/2 teaspoon), olive oil ( 4 teaspoons), lemon juice (2 teaspoons), black pepper powder (1 teaspoon), red chilli powder(1 teaspoon), cumin powder( 1/3 teaspoon), and finally salt to taste.
- Buy any cut of your choice. But it is better if you can make sure that it is the best grade you can afford. 1 inch to 1 ½ inches is ideal thickness. It is more important than the weight of the steak.
- Take a bowl and add the beef, garlic, ginger powder, Worcestershire, black pepper powder, soy sauce, cumin and red chilli powder, curry powder, lemon juice, butter. Do not add the salt now. Mix all the ingredients together, so that the beef is covered well with all the spices. Keep the beef to marinade for 6 to 7 hours or even better, overnight. Keep the marinated beef in refrigerator.
- Take out the cook before you are ready to cook. It needs to come to the room temperature; otherwise the steak will be rock solid. Allow the steak at least 30 minutes before cooking. Dry it with a paper towel.
- Now the beef is absolutely ready to be grilled. So this is the time when you should either heat one side of the gas grill or you can prepare for an outdoor with hot coals on one side of the grill. Put the steak over direct heat and sear it for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Now move it from direct heat to the side of grill, and covered for 20 minutes. Either it will take 20 minutes or wait until the thermometer to register 600 C for the medium rare. Wait 10 minutes and then side on the diagonal. While cooking the steak never poke the meat with fork or flip it and move it unnecessarily. You will end up with a dry and tough steak. After the steak is ready, put it on a plate. Let the beef rest and now add the salt. Serve it with your choice of side dish.
Photo Credit: Neelscorner.com/steak-with-sauce-recipe/