Cupcake is not just tasty; it is a treat to the eye as well. Because it looks quite cute too. No wonder, it is called the ‘fairy cake’ as well. It has won the hearts of all age group with its wonderful taste and cuteness also.
Whether it is a birthday party or even a friendly chat over a simple cup of tea or coffee, it can make that time pretty special. But the good thing is that it is so easy to make. Cupcakes have a wide variety, for example – vanilla cupcake, chocolate cupcake, white chocolate cupcake etc. and many more. But here the recipe is for the basic cupcake. Once you have expertise in the basic recipe, you can freely experiment.
- The ingredients are really simple and are available in the cupboard; one hundred gram self-raising flour, two eggs, one hundred gram unsalted butter, one hundred gram caster sugar, half teaspoon of vanilla essence, one fourth teaspoon of baking powder (it is optional).
- The first step is common for all baking recipes. That is to preheat the oven. Here also set the oven to 180 degree centigrade. In case it is an electric fan oven, the temperature will be 160 degree centigrade. Take the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat it with electric whisker until it is completely smooth, creamy, light and fluffy. After it is done, start adding the eggs. But only one at a time. Beat each of the egg well before adding the next one into the batter. Add the vanilla essence also.
- Sieve the flour and the baking powder (if you are using). Now slowly and carefully add the flour in the egg and butter mixture. Fold it very carefully. If you find it troublesome, then there is an alternative way as well. If you have a food processor then you can just mix them all in that. But do not forget to maintain the above mentioned order.
- Take 12 paper cups and place them on the muffin tin. Now fill the paper cups with the batter until one third to two third is full. Put it in the oven. Bake it for 10 to 20 minutes. After 10 minutes check them by inserting a knife or may be a toothpick into one of the cupcake. If it comes out clean that means the cake is done. If not then let them bake for little longer. But anyway, be careful not to overcook, otherwise they will become dry. Now let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Then remove it and keep it on a wire rack to cool it. After bringing those to room temperature decorate them according to your wish. Be creative with the frosting.
- There is a very very simple icing recipe. Take some icing sugar and then add a little water. Mix it until it becomes a smooth paste. Take a small amount of the paste and drizzle it over the top. You are ready to enjoy these pocket-sized wonders.
Photo Credit: Marenostrum.it/evento/2877-un_amore_di_cupcake/