Fritters are batter coated fruits or veggies deep fried in oil. Fritters have been around for ages and yet are very popular as an evening snack. Biting into a hot fritter infused with the flavor of the particular veggie or fruit used makes for a delectable treat.
Fritters are great when served at parties. You can serve fritters with a variety of dipping sauces adding different dimensions to the flavor profile each time. This delicious snack can be easily made at home. This article has step-by-step instructions on how to make fritters at home.
- A popular savory fritter is a corn fritter. To make corn fritters, begin by coarsely grating 2-3 corns. You can use sweet corn or green corn depending on your preference.
- In another bowl, break one egg and whisk it gently. To this add 2 cups corn flour and one cup plain four. Combine both corn flour and plain flour very well with the egg.
- Add salt, pepper, finely chopped Serrano chilies and finely chopped parsley to this batter. Also, add a few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Mix all ingredients thoroughly to form a smooth batter.
- Now, add the grated corn and mix well once again.Deep fry the corn fritters in a fryer till they turn golden brown in color. Drain the fritters on a paper towels to remove any excess oil.
- Serve corn fritters hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves. Mint coriander chutney or a Chinese hot sauce goes well with these spicy savory corn fritters.
- A sweet fritter liked by all is banana fritters. To make banana fritters, take 2-3 ripe bananas and mash them thoroughly with a fork.
- Ensure the bananas are ripe enough so that your fritters will turn out sweet and spongy.In a bowl, combine one cup flour with a spoon baking powder, 2 spoons sugar and a little salt. Add some milk and break an egg into this mix.
- Combine all ingredients very well to form a smooth batter. Now, add the banana pulp to the batter and mix everything well once again.
- Deep fry the fritters in oil and when they turn golden brown drain them on a paper towel. Serve the banana fritters hot lightly dusted with powdered sugar.