From Drew Barrymore to Paris Hilton everyone is sporting fashionable headbands.
This fashion hair accessory is a great way to either keep your hair out of your face or just get the cool boho look.
Moreover making headbands is really easy. You can adorn the bands with jewels, feathers and bright colorful printed cloth to get the look that you want. Here is a step by step guide on how to make a headband of your choice
- For making the band you will need a plain solid colored headband, fabric ribbons of your chosen colors or lanyard laces, non roll elastic, scissors, glue gun and glue. You can use flowers, feathers, glitters and painted pens to adorn the headbands. Instead off gluing on the fabric you can also use a needle and thread to sew on the fabric to the headbands.
- Start off by measuring your plastic headband. Cut out the fabric based on these measurements. You can also use a fabric ribbon for the headband. Start out from the bottom of one end and run the fabric over the entire length of the headband. Tuck around one inch on each side and stick it with a glue gun to the band.
- Decorate the headband by gluing on sequins, bows and flowers. You can also use lanyard laces of bright colors. Just glue on three bright colored lanyard laces side by side and wrap them around the headband. Glue on the laces as you wrap them.
- If you want a headband that fits you perfectly then you can opt for an elastic headband. Making these headbands is quite simple. Measure a piece of elastic by wrapping it around your head and tying a knot. Then cut a ribbon an inch longer than the elastic hair band. Tuck around half inch of elastic on one side and then glue on the ribbon to the band. Decorate with glitter and flowers.
- If you find these headbands making steps too complicated then cut out a long piece of ribbon and tie it to the back of your head or the nape of your neck for a simple and elegant look. You can use ribbons of varying colors to match your outfit and persona.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]How To Make Headbands,