Biscuits – consumed as a snack or as a dessert after a meal, are greatly appreciated because of their delicious taste. Though you can get them from the market, you may even don the chef’s hat to bake some at home. It is true that homemade biscuits are not just economical but also tastier and healthy because we are sure of the purity and calorific value. Here is the method to make hot biscuits with honey and butter that taste great.
- Ingredients1 cup multipurpose flour,
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar, optional
1/3 cup shortening or butter
3/4 cup milk
- Turn the oven on and adjust the temperature to 425degrees F.Take the baking tin or sheet on which you are going to bake the biscuits and smear it with fat/ non stick cooking spray. Mix dry multipurpose flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl with a fork or spoon. You may add sugar if you prefer to.
- Blend well the shortening with a blender. It is necessary that the shortening just mixes to look like peas, but not completely with the flour. Add milk and mix with a fork and do so till you get a dough like soft consistency. Kneed the dough and make ½ inch thickness balls. Now spread out the balls and cut biscuits that are about 2 inches in diameter with a biscuit cutter or round cup. Make sure to not twist the biscuit cutter or cup too much as the biscuits will break or turn unshapely.
- Take the baking sheet or tin and place your biscuits closely to one another and bake for about 15 minutes till they are done. Serve the hot biscuits with butter, honey, jam, syrup or gravy as a dessert after dinner.
Tips and Warnings
- You may use cold butter instead of shortening; the taste may be slightly different and may be harder.
- Be careful in just using enough milk, as too much may make it difficult to get good rounded biscuits.
- Placing the biscuits close together is ideal when you want to get soft biscuits.