- How To Make A Fruit CakePosted 469 days ago
- How To Dress NauticalPosted 469 days ago
- How To Make Malai KoftaPosted 469 days ago
- How To Make A Perfect MartiniPosted 469 days ago
- How To Make PancakePosted 471 days ago
- How To Treat Athletes FootPosted 471 days ago
- How To Make Gulab JamunPosted 472 days ago
How To Make Oatmeal
Oatmeal is an excellent breakfast choice preferred by people all over the world. It is one of the most nourishing food rich in fiber, low in calories. A large bowl of oatmeal in the morning is a complete, wholesome meal in itself that keeps you full for hours and free from mid morning hunger pangs making it an ideal meal for weight watchers.
Cooking oatmeal is one of the easiest tasks in the world. It gets ready within minutes and saves a lot of time.
The given oatmeal recipe will provide easy steps to churn out a delicious and healthy breakfast oatmeal.
- Ingredients: 1 cup quick rolled oats, 1 cup milk, 1 cup water, sugar (optional), chopped nuts,1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Bring water to boil in a sauce pan. Mix rolled oats, chopped nuts together in the water and keep stirring. Bring it to a simmer and stir frequently. The oats will start turning soft and mushy. Add sugar or any sweetener at this stage, if desired. Avoid over cooking as the oats might turn very gooey and tasteless.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to stand for 3-4 minutes. The oats should have the desired consistency now which can be adjusted by adding more water. Sprinkle cinnamon and pour it in a bowl and serve with milk. You can also add the milk with water while boiling your oats, but that process needs constant stirring as the milk might burn and ruin the taste of oatmeal.
- Instant oatmeal in microwave: An easy instant oatmeal recipe for a mad morning rush. Mix rolled oats and cold milk in a bowl, stir well and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Add chopped nuts and sugar. Serve hot!
Tips and Warnings
- For a more rich and wholesome taste, you can totally avoid water and cook your oatmeal in milk. It would taste much better and creamier.
- For a healthy variation add chopped or diced fruits like bananas, apples, strawberries on top of your oatmeal. You can experiment with a variety of nuts and dried fruits. Raisins, walnuts and dried apples taste best with an oatmeal.
- You can mix a large quantity of dried oats with nuts and dried fruits and store in airtight containers. It would be super convenient to cook them straight from the jar!