- How To Make A Fruit CakePosted 464 days ago
- How To Dress NauticalPosted 464 days ago
- How To Make Malai KoftaPosted 464 days ago
- How To Make A Perfect MartiniPosted 464 days ago
- How To Make PancakePosted 467 days ago
- How To Treat Athletes FootPosted 467 days ago
- How To Make Gulab JamunPosted 468 days ago
How To Make Orange Chicken
Commonly served at Asian restaurants, orange chicken is a tangy and spicy chicken entrée. Simple to make and delicious in taste, orange chicken can be easily at home. The ingredients for this recipe are readily available all the time in most homes.
The cooking technique is extremely simple – allowing you to make this recipe with ease. Make this chicken entrée and see your family enjoy the tangy and spicy flavor of this Asian-style chicken recipe. This article has step-by-step guidelines showing you how to make orange chicken at home.
- To begin making this recipe, you will have first have to prepare the batter to coat the chicken when it is pan-fried later. You will need about half pound of boneless chicken pieces that have been cut into long stripes. Chicken breasts or chicken thighs work best for this recipe. Ensure the chicken is cut to small and thin pieces. This will make your orange chicken crispy allowing it to better absorb the sauces and spices.
- To make the batter for the chicken, in a bowl take half cup of flour. Add salt, paprika flakes to this flour. To this break an egg and add a little water to make a batter that has smooth consistency. You can also add a spoon of cornstarch to the batter and mix well. Once you make the batter, coat the chicken pieces with the batter and let it rest for a while.
- Now heat oil in a pan and begin stir frying the batter coated chicken pieces in small batches. Ensure the chicken gets cooked yet remains crispy. For this, you need to pan-fry the chicken pieces on high flame.
- Take the fried chicken pieces and place them on a paper towel to drain the excess oil. Now begin making the orange sauce for the chicken. For this, heat oil in a pan and add minced ginger and garlic to it. Add sliced red onions and sauté the ginger, garlic and onions for a while. Add salt, pepper and soy sauce. Add about 1/4th cup orange juice and let the sauce simmer for a while.
- Add the fried chicken pieces to the sauce and stir-fry for a while so that the sauce coats the chicken well. Serve the orange chicken with steamed rice.