- How To Make A Fruit CakePosted 463 days ago
- How To Dress NauticalPosted 463 days ago
- How To Make Malai KoftaPosted 463 days ago
- How To Make A Perfect MartiniPosted 463 days ago
- How To Make PancakePosted 466 days ago
- How To Treat Athletes FootPosted 466 days ago
- How To Make Gulab JamunPosted 467 days ago
How To Make Pancake
A perfect pancake is light, fluffy and soft and most importantly utmost delicious. In some countries it is eaten as a hearty breakfast whereas in others it is served as a dessert or side dish.
But the common factor is it is incredibly popular among all. It is very easy to make and all the ingredients are readily available in the kitchen. Still many complain the end result to be not as desired. If the small common mistakes that are committed during making a pancake can be fixed, the desired tender, fluffy pancake can be achieved. So just follow the recipe and the tips along with it. You will get what you want.
- The ingredients are really plain, two cups of plain flour, two eggs, one tablespoon of baking powder, one and half cups milk, three tablespoons of granulated sugar, two tablespoons of butter or vegetable oil, one teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Make sure you have all the ingredients with you and they are of best quality. Sieve the flour and baking powder and sugar. Sieve the flour twice. Mix the dry ingredients. Now it is turn of the wet ingredients. Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk them until they are fluffy. Add the vanilla and milk into the eggs. If you are using butter, melt it. Mix it quickly with the egg mixture. Do not allow the butter to solidify again.
- After that very slowly add the egg and milk mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix it very gently with a spatula or a wooden spoon. There should not be any lumps. But do not stir it too much. Too much stirring will make the pancakes tough, chewy and flat. Now keep the batter in the refrigerator for sometime (about 15 to 20 minutes) to rest.
- Do not beat the batter after taking it out. A normal pan can be used to fry the pancakes, but a pancake griddle will be a better option. Heat the griddle or a heavy bottomed pan on a medium flame. check if it has heated properly, drizzle a few drops of water. If the liquid drops skitter across the pan is ready. Brush the pan with vegetable oil or clarifying butter (regular butter will burn) It is better that you first make a ‘sacrificial one’ to taste if everything is right. If it is burnt, reduce the flame; if it is raw in the middle cook it for a longer time then. Now pour one fourth cup of batter. Ladle in as many scoops of batter that can be flipped easily.
- Cook it for one to three minutes. When the pancake is dry around the edges and small bubbles have formed, flip it. Cook the other side until it has got a beautiful golden brown hue. Do not press it. If you want a better color repeat this process for about twenty second each side.
- Serve them immediately. Pancakes can be topped with many things like butter, honey, syrup, jam or whipped cream. But you can try other toppings and other variations of pancake.
Photo Credit: Top-hows.com/?p=86