- How To Make A Fruit CakePosted 470 days ago
- How To Dress NauticalPosted 470 days ago
- How To Make Malai KoftaPosted 470 days ago
- How To Make A Perfect MartiniPosted 470 days ago
- How To Make PancakePosted 472 days ago
- How To Treat Athletes FootPosted 473 days ago
- How To Make Gulab JamunPosted 473 days ago
How To Make Pasta Sauce
If you are a pasta lover and like to make it at home quite often, then home made pasta sauce would be an ideal choice. Even though all the stores these days sell bottled and ready-to-use pasta sauces, its easy to churn out your own sauce to serve with pasta. There is nothing like a good pasta sauce made at home.It is not only fresh and delicious but a very healthy and inexpensive option.
The given pasta sauce recipe will teach you to make two types of popular pasta sauces with an authentic italian flavor.
- Ingredients for creamy white pasta sauce: 2 tablespoons white flour,2 cups milk, 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, Parmesan cheese, some oregano herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Melt butter in a pan over low flame. Add the flour and stir vigorously for a minute till smooth and creamy. Pour the milk and keep stirring to avoid lumps, till the consistency is creamy, smooth and soft.Now, add the shredded Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.Mix well, sprinkle oregano and serve it with the boiled pasta of your choice.
- Ingredients for tomato and garlic pasta sauce:2 cups crushed plum Tomatoes,Olive Oil, 2 medium onions, 1 green pepper, 1 red pepper, 4 tsps.garlic, sugar, salt and pepper, 1 tbsp.of basil, thyme and oregano .
- Chop a few cloves of garlic and roast them in a pan with some olive oil. Do not over cook them to avoid the burnt texture.
- Finely chop the basil leaves, green and red peppers, onions to the pan. Now add the crushed red tomatoes to the pan and stir in 2 cups of water, oregano, thyme and sugar and let the whole ingredients simmer for a good 1 hour. Bring the pasta sauce to boil for that enhanced italian flavor.
To make the sauce meaty you can also add grounded beef or cooked and shelled shrimp. Your home made tangy garlic flavored pasta sauce is ready to be served with pasta or spaghheti of your choice.
Tips and warnings
- You can be really innovative with the your pasta sauce by adding diced or sliced mushrooms, zuchhini or jalapenos. This will give a healthy veggie flavor to the pasta.
- If fresh tomatoes are not available, you can also use canned tomatoes that are readily available at stores.