How To Make Peanut Butter Sandwich
A classic American staple especially for kids, peanut butter sandwich is delicious and extremely simple to make. Ideal for kid’s parties, this delicious snack requires minimal ingredients and even less effort.
In fact peanut butter sandwiches can be made easily by kids themselves. Here are the instructions on how you can make tasty and wholesome peanut butter sandwiches.
- For making peanut butter sandwiches at home you will need white or wheat bread slices, peanut butter, a butter knife and jelly if you want. There are different types of peanut butter available in the market. Based on your preference you can opt for a creamy or a crunchy peanut butter variant. If you do not have time to make homemade peanut butter then try one that is organic. The natural peanut butter does not contain hydrogenated oils that are bad for your health. Moreover they actually taste quite good as well.
- Clean the kitchen counter or any other surface on which you are going to make the sandwich. Remove the bread slices from the plastic and lay them side by side on the clean kitchen countertop. You can also try toasting the bread slices before using the peanut butter. This helps in spreading the butter on slices evenly.
- Open the jar of peanut butter and insert the butter knife into the jar. Rotate in a clockwise notion and then take out the knife from the jar ensuring that there is sufficient amount of peanut butter on the knife.
- With long even strokes apply the peanut butter on the bread slices ensuring that they are well covered. If you are going to use jelly along with the peanut butter then scoop out the jelly from the bottle using the butter knife and apply it on the other bread slice evenly so that it does not drip around the edges.
- Press both the slices of bread together and your delicious peanut butter sandwiches are ready. For a crunchy taste try adding potato or tortilla chips in the sandwich. Honey, bananas and granola are some other additions that can be made to your classic peanut butter sandwich to add to its flavor.