- How To Make A Fruit CakePosted 522 days ago
- How To Dress NauticalPosted 522 days ago
- How To Make Malai KoftaPosted 522 days ago
- How To Make A Perfect MartiniPosted 522 days ago
- How To Make PancakePosted 525 days ago
- How To Treat Athletes FootPosted 525 days ago
- How To Make Gulab JamunPosted 526 days ago
How To Make Pound Cake
Pound cake is a very popular home-style cake generally made when families get together or for family picnics. Pound cake combines one pound of four key ingredients namely: flour, butter, sugar and eggs. This cake is very easy to make and you can customize it to suit your family’s palate by adding your favorite flavoring agents.
This is a wonderfully moist, rich and buttery cake that combines simple flavors. This article has step-by-step instructions on how to make pound cake at home.
- To make pound cake, first pre-heat your oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. In a bowl, combine 3 eggs with 3 spoons milk, 2 cups sugar and few drops of vanilla extract. You can substitute vanilla extract with almond extract if desired. Whisk all these ingredients thoroughly well.In a large bowl, combine one and half cups flour with one spoon baking powder and a little salt. Mix all these dry ingredients very well together. Next add about one and half cups of unsalted butter to the flour mix. You need to melt the butter by heating in a microwave oven for a minute or two.
- Mix the butter very well with the flour. Now, gradually start adding the egg-sugar mix to the flour and butter. Whisk each time you add a little of the egg so that the flour gets properly mixed with the eggs and forms a moist creamy batter.
- Lightly dust a loaf pan and pour the cake batter into it. Gently tap the pan so as to eliminate any trapped air bubbles from the cake batter. Bake the pound cake in a pre-heated at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 45 minutes to an hour. Once done, the cake must form a nice light golden brown crust on the outside and be soft and moist on the inside.
- Allow the pound cake to cool for 20 minutes and then gently remove it from the loaf pan. You can serve this delicious cake in a variety of ways. A pound cake is traditionally eaten plain with a light dusting of powdered sugar. You can serve this pound cake with a fruit sauce such as lemon or strawberry sauce. A slice of this pound cake tastes delectable when served with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.