Proteins are amino acids which are essential for the normal functioning of the body and it also helps to build lean muscles which are essential to build a healthy and fit body.
Even though a lot of foods such as nuts, meat etc provide proteins, a high protein shake is an easy way to get proteins. Here are some recipes of protein shakes that everyone can prepare at home.
It is easy to prepare protein shakes at home and here are some tips to make certain protein shakes.
- For making banana protein shake take about 16 ounce of low fat milk or soy milk and mix it with two to three scoops of whey protein powder and this will provide about 30 to 50 grams of protein. Combine this mixture in a blender.
- Add one cup of mixed berries such as strawberry, blueberry etc to the blender. Berries will provide antioxidants and a good taste. The berries used for making shakes can be either fresh or frozen. If it is frozen then there is no need to add ice cubes. Add one ripe banana to the mixture which is very popular for their fiber and potassium content.
- Pour a tablespoon of virgin coconut oil to the mixture and it gives good flavor and increases the metabolic rate and maintains the cholesterol level. Combine the above mixture with one teaspoon flax seed oil which is rich with omega 3 fatty acids and one tablespoon peanut butter which is an importance source of protein. Then blend the shake well till it makes a smooth consistency and enjoy the shake.
- Orange vanilla protein shake can be made by combining two scoops of vanilla flavored protein powder with eight ounce of orange juice, half of a ripe banana and three frozen strawberries. After a 20 seconds blend add one teaspoon vanilla extract, 4 or 5 ice cubes and again blend well till it gives a thick and fine shake.
- Pineapple berry protein shake is another popular protein shake. It requires one scoop of vanilla flavored whey protein powder which is then combined with one scoop of ice, one liter can of pineapple juice and a handful of berries. The entire mixture is then blend to make a thick and delicious shake.
- Frozen broccoli can be used as a substitute for ice cubes as it adds a lot of nutrients to the shake and the flavor of broccoli gets masked while freezing. Most of the protein shakes are whole foods that provide enough nutrients to make a healthy body.