Delicious scrambled eggs served with hot buttered toast or bagels are the perfect breakfast dish. Moreover making this dish is really simple. All you need is five to ten minutes and you are ready to serve moist, fluffy scrambled eggs for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
So whether you are a person who is constantly on a go or a busy mother, who is trying to handle a crying toddler while making breakfast, these step-by-step instructions for making scrambled eggs can definitely help you make this scrumptious and healthy fast food.
- For making scrambled eggs for one person you will need two to three free range eggs, butter or margarine, cheese, milk or cream, salt and pepper. For enhanced flavors you can add parsley, chives, scallions, onions, cooked bacon or ham to the scrambled eggs.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, break the eggs. Add some salt and pepper along with five to six tablespoons of milk. Whisk the mixture thoroughly using a fork or a wire whisk till all the ingredients have combined.
- Place a non-stick pan on low heat and add butter or margarine to it. When the butter starts foaming, it is an indication that the pan is now hot enough. Add the egg mixture to the pan along with shredded cheese on top and let the eggs cook on low heat for thirty to forty minutes. In addition to shredded cheese you can also add vegetables or cooked meat to the scrambled eggs.
- Use a wooden spoon to graze the cooked edges of the eggs. Fold the edges of the eggs towards the center and allow the uncooked parts to run under. Keep lifting and folding the eggs till moist clouds of eggs are formed. Do not stir too much if you want large folds of eggs.
- Once the egg curds have solidified, take it off heat and let the eggs cook in the residual heat of the pan. Make sure that the scrambled eggs are moist when you take it remove it from the stove. Place your scrambled eggs on top of a hot buttered toast or serve it alongside English muffins and enjoy this delicious, mouthwatering dish.