A campfire is never complete without some delicious and melting smores. Smore also known as s’more as we all know stands for ‘some more’ (give me some more) and the description is so very true for its taste too.
Therefore we give you instructions on how to make smore at a campfire or using your oven:
- Ingredients – For smore we need the three basic ingredients – Marshmallows (regular size), graham crackers (whole) and chocolate bars (Hershey style)
Other essential items – Firewood, roasting fork or a thin branch or stick
- Step one – involves building the campfire. For this take out the aged and dried natural wood. Since the objective here is to make a food item, make sure the camp fire to be lit has wood which is free from any chemicals (paints) or preservatives.
- Step two – Prepare your graham crackers. Take one full graham cracker from the box and break it into half. Alternatively you can buy ‘smores ready’ graham crackers. Keep it ready.
- Step three – Take out the Hershey style chocolate bar and break into small square pieces. Now place the chocolate bar pieces on each graham cracker half. So we have the graham cracker below and on top of it we have the chocolate piece.
- Step four – Now that the graham crackers and the chocolate pieces are ready, take out your marshmallows. Get the roasting fork or a thin stick and insert it into the marshmallow.
- Step five – Now go near the campfire and suspend the marshmallow on the roasting fork or dry stick just above the source of fire. Slowly keep on rotating the fork or the stick so that the marshmallow gets heated uniformly on all sides. The marshmallow will get soft and fluffy. Do this process till the marshmallow turns into brown color and starts melting.
- Step six – As soon as the marshmallow turns brown, remove it immediately from above the campfire and put it on top of the chocolate piece. So now we have one graham cracker first, then on top of it we have the chocolate piece and on top of the chocolate we have the brown and melting marshmallow. Put the other graham cracker and chocolate piece on top of the marshmallow. Remove the roasting fork or stick slowly from the marshmallow. The hot and melting marshmallow will melt the chocolate pieces too. Your smore is ready.
To make smores using the oven, preheat it at 350 degree F. Put the graham cracker, chocolate piece and marshmallow structure on the oven plate and bake for ten minutes.